John J Mason and Mary Jane Elizabeth (Lizzie) Redman are my gg-grandparents through their son Thomas Franklin Mason m. Nancy Jane Frances Rakes.
I have a stack of genealogy research papers given to me several years ago and have just now started to sort them out. There's very little about Lizzie, as she was called by my great aunt.
She was born in 1824, and John was born in 1817. My cousin who did the research hit a brick wall with her and asked me if I had anything. I didn't. Below is what he had. If you or anyone have discovered anything about her or her family, would you please, please post a reply.
Thanks so much, ~Beverly Himes
Children of John J. Mason and Mary Jane Elizabeth Redman:
1. George W. Mason, b. 1851, Bradfordsville, Marion, KY. m. Martha Rakes 6 Nov 1877.
2. Thomas Franklin Mason, b 11 Mar 1854, Bradfordsville, m. Nancy Jane Frances Rakes 22 Mar 1877
3. Nancy A. Mason, b. 1855, Bradfordsville
4. Austin Mason, b. 1858, KY
5. James W. Mason, b. 1861, KY
6. Mary E. Mason, b. 1863, KY
7. Martha Mason, b. 1865.
Sources cited: 1870 and 1880 Census Casey Co, KY.
"Oversize file" Kentucky Historical Society, Frankfort, Ky, see "RAKES" file. Birthdate of Thomas Mason from death certificate State of Kentucky.
Notify Administrator about this message?
|Home | Help | About Us | Site Index | Jobs | PRIVACY | Affiliate|
|© 2007 The Generations Network|