All right. I've got it figureed out now.
(1) We know Mary "Mollie" Overton married George Basil Prather from the marriage record. She was living in 1880 with her father and daughter Pauline, shortly after George had died in 1878 from yellow fever.
(2) George had two other brothers who died in that 1878 yellow fever epidemic -- Richard & Hugh.
(3) Hugh had a wife Mary Lavinia Morrow, who must have also been known as "Mollie", She must be the Mollie shown as the daughter-in-law on the 1880 Census with Richard Cox Prather and family. The Hugh underneath her is her only child Hugh Edward Prather (b.2 May 1878).
(4) The Richard below Hugh in this same Census was not her son, but the son of the other brother that died in 1878, Richard Catlett Prather. His wife Lizzie Stephens must have also died in the epidemic.
(5) The Sallie below Richard in this Census was the daughter and only child of another brother Thomas, whose wife Lucy Cross had died earlier in 1872. Thomas is shown further up in the Census. Thomas had not remarried at this point -- he would have 7 additional children.
(6) I have also discovered that George also married firstly 1873 Pauline Overton, the older half sister of Mary Overton. Pauline evidently died before 1877 without childrren, and was the namesake of George and Mary's only child.
-- Randy Jones
Notify Administrator about this message?
|Home | Help | About Us | Site Index | Jobs | PRIVACY | Affiliate|
|© 2007 The Generations Network|