Please help me find any documents or other information that might link Abraham B. SMALLWOOD to any of the following people (some of the events took place in Fayette County):
1) On 25 April 1844 in Madison Co., KY, Abraham B. SMALLWOOD put up money to insure that John BRINK would marry Malinda SMALLWOOD. Malinda was the daughter of Francis H. SMALLWOOD, but there is no indication of the relationship between Abraham and the others other than the surname, SMALLWOOD.
2) The 1860 census for Western Div. of Madison Co., KY shows John BRINK, age 47; James BRINK, 10; and Elizabeth SMALLWOOD, age 72, all in the same household. I believe Elizabeth was John BRINK's mother-in-law, and the wife of Francis H. SMALLWOOD.
3) There is a marriage record for an Elizabeth BAILEY, daughter of John BAILEY, and a Herd SMALLWOOD on 20 July 1811 in Fayette Co., KY. I think Herd SMALLWOOD is Francis H. SMALLWOOD. There is a Francis Heard SMALLWOOD, b. 1766 in Maryland, but I do not know for sure if this is the same man.
4) Abraham B. SMALLWOOD married Francis STEVENS 12 Dec 1837 in Madison Co., KY, and they can be found in the Fayette Co., KY census of 1850 with some of their children. Between 1840 and 1860, Abraham moved his family to Northeastern Missouri (Gentry, Worth, Clintin, and Nodaway Counties).
5) Several NEWBY families may be seen living near the BRINK family in Foxtown, Madison, KY in the 1860 and 1870 censuses.
6) The NEWBY family is also very much intertwined with the extended families of Abraham B. SMALLWOOD's daughter-in-law Nancy Jane STONUM, who married Abraham's son, William SMALLWOOD in Missouri. Some NEWBY family members also moved to Missouri. Jeremiah NEWBY married Elizabeth STONUM in Clinton Co., Missouri in 1844. This family is related to Nancy Jane STONUM SMALLWOOD.
I would be very appreciative of any help.
Notify Administrator about this message?
|Home | Help | About Us | Site Index | Jobs | PRIVACY | Affiliate|
|© 2007 The Generations Network|