Looking for information for Bernard Pfleghar b: abt 1808 Württemberg, Germany d: bef 1870 Allegheny County, PA & 2nd wife Mrs.Margaret Kunkel born abt 1817 Bavaria d: aft 1880 Allegheny County, PA.
Known children from Bernard's 1st Marriage:
1. August Pflaghar b: abt 1842 Württemberg, Germany
2. George Pflaghar b: abt 1843 Württemberg, Germany
3. Mary Pflaghar b: abt 1845 Württemberg, Germany
Known children from Margaret's 1st Marriage:
1. Conrad Kunkel/Kunkle b: abt 1840 Bavaria.
2. Adam Jacob Kunkel/Kunkle b: 2 July 1843 Bavaria, d: 2 Nov 1902 Alleghany County, PA.
3. Elizabeth Kunkel b: abt 1847 Bavaria.
4. Margaret Kunkel b: abt 1851 PA.
5. Catherine Kunkel b: abt 1853 PA.
5. Michael Kunkel b: abt 1855 PA.
*May have had another son, Cornelius Kunkel b: abt 1845 Bavaria, may have died bef 1860.
Bernard & Margaret had these 2 known children:
1. Feronia?? Pfleghar b: abt 1859 PA, may have died bef 1870 PA.
2. Charles Pfleghar b: abt 1861 PA.
Bernard & Margaret married and settled around Birmingham Boro, Pittsburgh, Allegheny County, PA by the 1860's. They would have married between 1856 and 1859. They were not married when each emigrated separately. Margaret may have emigrated with a husband possibly named Johann Kunkel on 15 Aug 1851.
Bernard's son, August, and Margaret's son, Adam, served in the PA 62nd Infantry Regiment Company B from 22 July 1861 to 13 July 1864, and mustered out in Pittsburgh during the Civil War.
August Pfleghar may have been married to Salome Hause (dau of Casper and Margaret Hause) and lived in Philadelphia, PA and Millville, NJ. This August states he emigrated in 1852 in the 1900 census and 1854 in the 1910 census. In census records his birth year ranges from 1842 to 1844 and he states he was born in Bavaria, Germany, and one son states Württemberg. August's occupation is listed as a Glass Blower or working for a Glass Factory. Margaret's son's, Adam & Conrad, also were Glass Blowers, and son, Michael also worked in a Glass House, as did Bernard & Margaret's son, Charles.
I descend from Margaret Kunkel's son, Adam, and would like to make contact with Kunkel's or Pfleghar's from this family to fill in both family's ancestry. Please feel free to contact me, if we could be related or if you think you may have an ancestor that fits with these 2 families.
Notify Administrator about this message?
|Home | Help | About Us | Site Index | Jobs | PRIVACY | Affiliate|
|© 2007 The Generations Network|