Starting Sept. 30, 2014, will be making a big change. GenForum message boards, Family Tree Maker homepages, and the most popular articles will be preserved in a read-only format, while several other features will no longer be available, including member subscriptions and the Shop.
Learn more

Chat | Daily Search | My GenForum | Community Standards | Terms of Service
Jump to Forum
Home: General Topics: Korean War Forum

Post FollowupReturn to Message ListingsPrint Message

How to replace lost metals?
Posted by: D. Prosser Edwards Date: January 29, 2002 at 21:02:49
  of 793

My father was in the army and fought in the Korean war in the early 1950's. I remember as a child seeing some kind of pins or metals that went on his uniform. I think I also remember seeing some kind of braided thing that possibly attached around his shoulder. It also seems like I remember seeing some form of patches. Needless to say, throughout the years they have been misplaced. Is there any way to replace these items? How would I find out what types of metals or pins he was given? He is 72 years old and I would love to replace these items for him and present them as a present. Any and all help appreciated.
Thanking you in advance,
Debbie Prosser Edwards

Notify Administrator about this message?

Post FollowupReturn to Message ListingsPrint Message
Search this forum:

Search all of GenForum:

Proximity matching
Add this forum to My GenForum Agreement of Use
Link to GenForum
Add Forum
Home |  Help |  About Us |  Site Index |  Jobs |  PRIVACY |  Affiliate
© 2007 The Generations Network