Your post is almost 2 yrs old, but I found it just recently. I have some info on your husband's family. He and my wife have common ancestors. Her dad's mom was a Koebke from Iowa. I also have some photos of Harold and his wife Betty Thompson Koebke along with other family members, as well as of Harold's Grandfather and family. I'd be happy to send you a scan of the photos I have. Harold was my wife's dad's uncle.
Ancestors of Harold KOEBKE - Feb 15 2002
1. Harold KOEBKE was born on March 19, 1904.1 He died in February 1968 in Bladensburg, Wapello Co., Iowa.1
2. Frank KOEBKE was born on February 5, 1878. From Family recollections He was born on February 5, 1879.1 He died on January 29, 1968 in Ottumwa, Wapello Co., Iowa.1,2 Frank E. Koebke Died Jan. 29 in Ottumwa
Funeral services for Frank E. Koebke, 89, the father of Mrs. Wesley Lively, were held Wednesday, Jan 31, in Ottumwa. He died Jan. 29 at an Ottumwa hospital where he had been a patient for two weeks. Death was due to pneumonia.
Mr. Koebke and the former Lillie Snell were married Oct. 26, 1898, and he was a lifelong farmer in Wapello and David (Davis) counties.
Survivors include his wife, three sone, Harold and William, Ottumwa, and Robert of Keokuk; three daughters, Virgie Olson of Tacoma, Wash., Minnid Frahm of Cedar Rapids, and Opal Lively of Blairstown.
Other survivors include one brother C.G. Koebke and one sister, Mina Bohi, both of Pulaski, 11 grandchildren, 14 great grandchildren and one great great grandchild. He was married to Lillian SNELL on October 26, 1898.
3. Lillian SNELL was born in October 1879.
Frank KOEBKE and Lillian SNELL had the following children:
i. Minnie KOEBKE was born on April 7, 1899. She died on May 16, 1996 in (Cedar Rapids, Linn Co., Iowa). From SSDI not confirmed
ii. Virgie Mae KOEBKE was born on August 3, 1902 in Bloomfield, Davis Co., Iowa. She died on August 29, 1969 in Tacoma, Pierce Co., Washington. She was buried in Tacoma, Pierce Co., Washington.
1 iii. Harold KOEBKE.
iv. William (Bill) KOEBKE was born on January 6, 1909. He died on July 25, 1988 in Bladensburg, Wapello Co., Iowa. From SSDI not confirmed.
v. Opal KOEBKE was born on December 7, 1910. She died on June 5, 1999 in Bloomfield, Davis Co., Iowa.
vi. Robert G. KOEBKE was born on October 24, 1914 in Floris, Davis Co., Iowa. He died on June 8, 1999 in Keokuk, Lee Co., Iowa. He was buried on June 12, 1999 in Oakwood Cem, Hamilton, Iowa (OH).
4. Franz J. KOEBKE was born on February 24, 1850 in Fiddichow, Germany. He emigrated on December 25, 1880 from Germany. He immigrated on January 7, 1881 to Bloomfield, Davis Co., Iowa via New York. Departed by ship from Germany December 25, 1880, stopped one night in Liverpool and landed on Jan 7, 1881 in New York. He trraveled directly to Bloomfield Iowa, where he settled. He resided Farmhouse 1-1/4 mi west of Floris on the Mormon Trail in March 1886 in Floris, Davis Co., Iowa. From an essay written by David Staats as a school child in Davis County Iowa He died in 1934 in Ottumwa, Wapello Co., Iowa. He was buried in 1934 in Dunnville Cemetery Nr Ottumwa, Wapello Co., Iowa. He was married to Ernestine A. ROCHLITZ in 1872 in Germany.
5. Ernestine A. ROCHLITZ was born in 1849. She died in 1945. She was buried in 1945 in Dunnville Cemetery Nr Ottumwa, Wapello Co., Iowa. Franz J. KOEBKE and Ernestine A. ROCHLITZ had the following children:
i. Herman KOEBKE died in September
1886. He was born in Germany.
ii. Anna KOEBKE was born in Germany.
iii. Mary KOEBKE.
2 iv. Frank KOEBKE.
v. Carl Gustav (Gus) KOEBKE was born
on August 25, 1879. He died in June
1970 in Pulaski,Davis Co., Iowa. vi. Amelia "Millie" KOEBKE.
vii. Mina KOEBKE was born on March 18,
1883.1 She died in September 1973
in Bloomfield, Davis Co., Iowa.1
8. Julius KOEBKE. He was married to Fredericka.
9. Fredericka. Julius KOEBKE and Fredericka had the following children:
4 i. Franz J. KOEBKE.
10. Frederick ROCHLITZ. He was married to Wilhemina.
11. Wilhemina. Frederick ROCHLITZ and Wilhemina had the following children:
5 i. Ernestine A. ROCHLITZ.
2. Obituary clipping.
E-mail me and let me know if you'd like copies of the photos.
Notify Administrator about this message?
|Home | Help | About Us | Site Index | Jobs | PRIVACY | Affiliate|
|© 2007 The Generations Network|