My daughter-in-law is a descendant of Frederick & Catherine [mnu] Knaak. We know almost nothing about this family other than they were of German ancestry and that their son Rex was supposedly a first generation American. Below is a genealogy report which shows what we know about this family. If you know anything please e-mail me at SUESGENES@aol.com or you may e-mail my daughter-in-law Dani at Cute Lady Rebel@aol.com
Thank you for anything that you can tell us!
Sue Eagle Sparkman
Descendants of Frederick Knaak
Generation No. 1
1. FREDERICK1 KNAAK was born in Germany?, and died Abt. 1976. He married AGNES SAUER, daughter of ? SAUER and SARAH. She died Abt. 1973 in Martinsburg, Iowa.
Children of FREDERICK KNAAK and AGNES SAUER are:
2. i. REX2 KNAAK, LT. COLONEL, U. S. ARMY, b. 04 October 1924, Iowa?; d. 17 March 1998, Hughley Hospice House, Burleson, Tarrant County, Texas.
3. ii. WILLIS KNAAK, b. [resides in Utah, might be Mormans].
iii. RICHARD KNAAK, b. [resides in Iowa]; m. ?.
Generation No. 2
2. REX2 KNAAK, LT. COLONEL, U. S. ARMY (FREDERICK1) was born 04 October 1924 in Iowa?, and died 17 March 1998 in Hughley Hospice House, Burleson, Tarrant County, Texas. He married MARGARET 'PEGGY' FARLEY, daughter of PHILLIP FARLEY and CATHERINE. She was born 09 July 1917 in Sidney, Ohio, and died 01 January 1987 in Fort Worth, Tarrant County, Texas.
Notes for REX KNAAK, LT. COLONEL, U. S. ARMY:
The Knaak family were of German extraction, and means "bone breaker" in German.
More About REX KNAAK, LT. COLONEL, U. S. ARMY:
Burial: Greenwood Cemetery , Fort Worth Tarrant County, Texas
More About MARGARET 'PEGGY' FARLEY:
Burial: Greenwood Cemetery , Fort Worth Tarrant County, Texas
Children of REX KNAAK and MARGARET FARLEY are:
4. i. BARBARA RAE3 KNAAK, b. 19 November 1954, San Antonio, Bexar County, Texas; d. 12 January 1998, Arlington, Tarrant County, Texas.
ii. FRED KNAAK, b. 04 August 1955; m. PAM; b. Private.
5. iii. GLORIA KNAAK, b. 01 August 1956.
6. iv. GRETCHEN KNAAK, b. 01 August 1956.
7. v. MINDY KNAAK, b. 12 February 1961.
3. WILLIS2 KNAAK (FREDERICK1) was born in [resides in Utah, might be Mormans]. He married NORMA.
Children of WILLIS KNAAK and NORMA are:
i. SAM3 KNAAK, A TWIN.
ii. STEVE KNAAK, A TWIN.
iii. CARLA KNAAK.
iv. DINA KNAAK.
Generation No. 3
4. BARBARA RAE3 KNAAK (REX2, FREDERICK1) was born 19 November 1954 in San Antonio, Bexar County, Texas, and died 12 January 1998 in Arlington, Tarrant County, Texas. She married (1) KENNETH MICHAEL CURTIS, son of JOHN CURTIS and JEANNINE BOUVIERE. He was born 25 February 1951 in Sarasota, Minnesota. She married (2) ERIC PENNINGTON. He was born Private.
More About BARBARA RAE KNAAK:
Burial: Arlington Memorial Cemetery, Arlington, Tarrant County, Texas
Cause of Death: cancer
Notes for KENNETH MICHAEL CURTIS:
The story told to Ken's daughter, Danielle is that Ken's natural father was a professional baseball player for a team in New York. His last name was Kelly.
More About KENNETH MICHAEL CURTIS:
Medical Information: Diabetic
Residence: 2001, Houston, Texas
Children of BARBARA KNAAK and KENNETH CURTIS are:
i. DANIELLE JEANNINE4 CURTIS1, b. 08 June 1980, Fort Worth, Tarrant County, Texas; m. CHRISTOPHER TODD SPARKMAN1,2, 31 August 2001, Judge Roy Kurban's Court Room, Mansfield, Tarrant County, Texas; b. 28 February 1979, Torrejon Air Base, Torrejon De Ardoz, near Madrid, Spain3.
More About DANIELLE JEANNINE CURTIS:
Medical Information: diabetic
Notes for CHRISTOPHER TODD SPARKMAN:
Chris or C. T. as he is known was born while his father was stationed in Spain. And as a result has dual citizenship, and upon reaching legal age will have the right to choose the U. S. or Spain as his country. Regardless since both of his parents are U. S. Citizens he is automatically a citizen. C. T. graduated from Mansfield High School in June of 1997, and also recieved his Eagle Scout rank the day after graduating. While in high school he was also active in the JROTC program and was one of the first class of cadets. He is currently  employed through a contract with AT & T at Dallas-Fort Worth International Airport, and resides at home.
More About CHRISTOPHER TODD SPARKMAN:
Awards: 06 June 1996, Eagle Scout Award
Christening: November 1980, Base Chapel McGuire AFB., Wrightstown, New Jersey, God Parents Joe & Barbara Willer4
Elected: May 1996, Eagle Scout Rank bestowed, Mansfield, Texas4
Employment: October 1998, Khaki's Restaurant, Arlington, Texas
Graduation: 04 June 1996, Mansfield High School, Mansfield, Texas
Occupation: 1998, Working at Khaki's Restaurant, Arlington, Texas as a Cashier4
Residence: Bet. 1979 - 1998, Spain, New Jersey, England, North Dakota, Texas, Washington
ii. AARON MICHAEL CURTIS, b. 10 September 1982, Fort Worth, Tarrant County, Texas.
Child of BARBARA KNAAK and ERIC PENNINGTON is:
iii. CATHERINE ELIZABETH4 PENNINGTON, b. 29 January 1993, Arlington, Tarrant County, Texas.
5. GLORIA3 KNAAK (REX2, FREDERICK1) was born 01 August 1956. She married DALE HARE. He was born Private.
Children of GLORIA KNAAK and DALE HARE are:
i. JEANNINE4 HARE, b. 17 August; Stepchild.
ii. CHRISSY HARE, b. 23 April; Stepchild.
iii. MICHELLE HARE, b. 14 January; Stepchild.
iv. DAVID HARE, b. 11 November 1986.
v. GREG HARE, b. 08 June.
6. GRETCHEN3 KNAAK (REX2, FREDERICK1) was born 01 August 1956. She married (1) MIKE COOK. He was born Private. She met (2) ERIC PENNINGTON 19 January 1998 in Tarrant County, Texas. He was born Private.
Children of GRETCHEN KNAAK and MIKE COOK are:
i. MICHAEL4 COOK, b. 24 September 1980.
ii. MARGARET 'MAGGIE' COOK, b. 03 April 1986.
iii. WADE COOK, b. 18 April 1987.
7. MINDY3 KNAAK (REX2, FREDERICK1) was born 12 February 1961. She married ROGER WILLIAMS.
Children of MINDY KNAAK and ROGER WILLIAMS are:
i. JENNIFER4 WILLIAMS, b. 05 October 1984, Texas.
ii. AUSTIN WILLIAMS, b. Private, Florida.
iii. JUSTIN WILLIAMS, b. Private, Florida.
iv. JORDAN WILLIAMS, b. August 2000, Florida.
1. Personal Knowledge of Sue Eagle Sparkman.
2. muncyeagle.FBC.FTW, Date of Import: 5 Dec 2000.
3. Personal Knowledge of Sue Eagle Sparkman.
4. Sue Eagle Sparkman, original database of her maternal ancestry sent to WFT in 1997 or thereabouts, "MOM'S FAMILIES.FTW."
|Home | Help | About Us | Site Index | Jobs | PRIVACY | Affiliate|
|© 2007 The Generations Network|