I am interested in any Kiistner (Kustner, Kistner) from Idar-Oberstein, Germany. My greatgrandparents were from there (along with their children). Here is what I have, but would love someone to fill in the gaps in the family tree.
Descendants of Elizabeth Hazkelt
Generation No. 1
1. ELIZABETH1 HAZKELT. She married PETER KIISTNER.
Children of ELIZABETH HAZKELT and PETER KIISTNER are:
2. i. CAROLINA2 KIISTNER, b. April 12, 1841, Woppenroth, Rhineland, Germany; d. November 19, 1928, Ivanhoe Twnp., Finney Co., KS; USA.
3. ii. PETER KIISTNER, b. May 13, 1852, Woppenroth, Germany; d. April 1950, Ulysses, Grant Co., KS; USA.
Generation No. 2
2. CAROLINA2 KIISTNER (ELIZABETH1 HAZKELT) was born April 12, 1841 in Woppenroth, Rhineland, Germany, and died November 19, 1928 in Ivanhoe Twnp., Finney Co., KS; USA. She married CHRISTIAN MOLZ May 29, 1868 in Sulzbach, Rhineland, Germany.
Notes for CHRISTIAN MOLZ:
SOURCE; Grant County, Kansas copyright 1982 by the Grant County History Commission, Ulysses, KS -printed by Taylor Publishing Co., Dallas, TX page 346 Kiistner - Moore family history by Mary E. (Binney) Moore (my great aunt Mary)
More About CHRISTIAN MOLZ:
Occupation: wagonmaster in Germany
Children of CAROLINA KIISTNER and CHRISTIAN MOLZ are:
i. CAROLINA3 MOLZ.
ii. CHRISTIAN MOLZ.
iii. ADAM MOLZ.
iv. PETER MOLZ.
v. RUDOLF MOLZ.
vi. WILLHELM MINNA MOLZ.
vii. CARL MOLZ.
viii. OTTO MOLZ.
ix. ADELA MOLZ.
x. KATHARINA MOLZ, b. August 21, 1874, Sulzbach, Rhineland, Germany.
3. PETER2 KIISTNER (ELIZABETH1 HAZKELT) was born May 13, 1852 in Woppenroth, Germany, and died April 1950 in Ulysses, Grant Co., KS; USA. He married WILHELMINA FICKENS May 10, 1876.
More About PETER KIISTNER:
Faith: Confirmed Lutheran
Children of PETER KIISTNER and WILHELMINA FICKENS are:
i. LOUISE3 KIISTNER.
4. ii. LUCY KIISTNER.
5. iii. MINNIE LOU KIISTNER, b. December 22, 1876, Idar, Germany; d. June 17, 1954, Garden City, Finney Co., KS; USA.
iv. AUGUST KIISTNER, b. March 18, 1878, Germany; d. 1960, Larned, KS; USA.
6. v. JULIA ANNA KIISTNER, b. February 19, 1883, Idar, Germany; d. April 08, 1971, Ulysses, Grant Co., KS, USA.
7. vi. PETER CHRISTIAN KIISTNER, b. December 31, 1889, Grant Co., KS; USA; d. May 15, 1981, Ulysses, Grant Co., KS; USA.
8. vii. BIRDIE ELIZABETH KIISTNER, b. February 08, 1893, Grant Co., KS; USA.
9. viii. WILLIAM KIISTNER, b. September 29, 1894, Grant Co., KS; USA; d. December 10, 1949, Ulysses, Grant Co., KS; USA.
ix. ADOLPH HENRY KIISTNER, b. March 06, 1897, Grant Co., KS; USA; d. April 08, 1967, Tulsa, Tulsa Co., OK; USA; m. (1) FLORENCE GEYER; m. (2) TRULA HEADLY.
Notes for ADOLPH HENRY KIISTNER:
HENRY KIISTNER 06 Mar 1897 Apr 1967 74112 (Tulsa, Tulsa, OK) 441-09-8870 Issued in Oklahoma
Notes for TRULA HEADLY:
TRULA KIISTNER 17 Sep 1899 Nov 1983 74112 (Tulsa, Tulsa, OK) 556-24-9455 Issued in California
10. x. MARY EMILY KIISTNER, b. March 19, 1899, Grant Co., KS; USA; d. November 17, 1997, Grant Co., KS; USA.
Generation No. 3
4. LUCY3 KIISTNER (PETER2, ELIZABETH1 HAZKELT). She married COERBER.
Child of LUCY KIISTNER and COERBER is:
i. IONE4 COERBER.
5. MINNIE LOU3 KIISTNER (PETER2, ELIZABETH1 HAZKELT) was born December 22, 1876 in Idar, Germany, and died June 17, 1954 in Garden City, Finney Co., KS; USA. She married EDWARD LEVI GEYER, son of ORVILLE GEYER and DECILVIA TODD.
More About MINNIE LOU KIISTNER:
Burial: 1954, Valley View Cemetary, Garden City, Finney Co., KS; USA
More About EDWARD LEVI GEYER:
Burial: 1956, Valley View Cemetary, Garden City, Finney Co., KS; USA
Children of MINNIE KIISTNER and EDWARD GEYER are:
i. ELSIE MAY4 GEYER, m. CHARLES BARTLOW.
ii. ROY NEWELL GEYER, m. MEDA REYNOLDS.
iii. EARL P. GEYER, b. Grant Co., KS; USA; m. ROWENA COWDEN.
11. iv. LUELLA ELIZABETH GEYER.
6. JULIA ANNA3 KIISTNER (PETER2, ELIZABETH1 HAZKELT) was born February 19, 1883 in Idar, Germany, and died April 08, 1971 in Ulysses, Grant Co., KS, USA. She married CHARLES HENRY BINNEY April 16, 1905 in Garden City, Finney Co., KS, USA, son of ABEL BINNEY and CYNTHIA SNOW.
Notes for JULIA ANNA KIISTNER:
Julia Anna Kiistner came to Grant County in 1888 from Idar- Oberstein,Germany.
More About JULIA ANNA KIISTNER:
Burial: 1971, Ulysses Cemetary, Grant Co., KS; USA
Notes for CHARLES HENRY BINNEY:
Charles Henry Binney's mother died when he was 2 years old. His grandmother Binney (the Indian) cared for him and his sister Margaret for a few years until he was old enough to go to his father's house, at school age.
He moved to Grant County, KS in 1900 and lived with Lemuel Binney, to help them take care of the cattle. He carried the mail from Shockey Post Office.
He married Julia Anna Kiistner in 1905, she taught school at Shockey School for one term in 1906. In 1906 Charlie was elected Register of Deeds for 4 years.
He was a homesteader and a stockman.
He helped move Old Ulysses to it's present location in 1909.
He bought the store from Harry Earlocker June 23, 1914. He was first in business with A. G. Williamson. It closed on October 1, 1965.
He served on City Council, Bank Board Member, was a Republican and a great political figure.
He loved sports and was often seen wearing a buffalo robe at sporting events during the winters.
He was honored in August 1964 on "Charlie Binney Day" and a flag flew over the capitol in his honor.
More About CHARLES HENRY BINNEY:
Burial: 1964, Ulysses Cemetary, Grant Co., KS; USA
Children of JULIA KIISTNER and CHARLES BINNEY are:
i. MILDRED HELEN4 BINNEY, b. October 23, 1910, New Ulysses, Grant Co., KS; USA; d. August 13, 1965, Ulysses, Grant Co., KS; USA.
Notes for MILDRED HELEN BINNEY:
My Aunt Mildred never married, but was greatly loved by children and adults alike.
More About MILDRED HELEN BINNEY:
Burial: 1965, Ulysses Cemetary, Grant Co., KS; USA
Cause of Death: Cerebral hemorrhage
12. ii. PAULINE FRANCES BINNEY, b. June 23, 1913, New Ulysses, Grant Co., KS; USA; d. 1999, Garden City, Finney Co., KS, USA.
13. iii. CLAYTON HAROLD BINNEY, b. November 13, 1915, Ulysses, Grant Co., KS, USA; d. July 27, 1967, Ulysses, Grant Co., KS, USA.
iv. KATHRYN MARIE BINNEY, b. September 08, 1920; m. (1) RANDALL ELWOOD "Buck" MILLER, February 04, 1950; m. (2) JOHN C. KOONTZ, October 03, 1964, Guyman, OK; USA.
7. PETER CHRISTIAN3 KIISTNER (PETER2, ELIZABETH1 HAZKELT) was born December 31, 1889 in Grant Co., KS; USA, and died May 15, 1981 in Ulysses, Grant Co., KS; USA. He married (1) MAGGIE ANDERSON. He married (2) DOROTHY SPENSER March 15, 1937.
Notes for PETER CHRISTIAN KIISTNER:
CHRISTIAN KIISTNER 31 Dec 1889 May 1981 67880 (Ulysses, Grant, KS) 514-38-8686 Kansas
Notes for DOROTHY SPENSER:
DOROTHY KIISTNER 18 Jul 1900 May 1987 67860 (Lakin, Kearny, KS) 509-48-0588 Kansas
Children of PETER KIISTNER and MAGGIE ANDERSON are:
i. MARGARET4 KIISTNER, m. ROSS E. FLUMMERFELT, Home wedding.
ii. FLOYD A. KIISTNER, b. August 16, 1915, Lakin, Kearny Co., KS; USA; d. November 24, 1995, Lakin, Kearny Co., KS; USA; m. DAYTHA J..
8. BIRDIE ELIZABETH3 KIISTNER (PETER2, ELIZABETH1 HAZKELT) was born February 08, 1893 in Grant Co., KS; USA. She married RUSSELL BECHTELHEIMER May 06, 1912 in Garden City, Finney Co., KS, USA, son of WILLIAM BECHTELHEIMER and LUCINDA HOYLE.
Notes for RUSSELL BECHTELHEIMER:
Quoted obit. "They had three children. Two of these, Lois and R. Richard, preceded their father in death. Surviving are the widow of the home; one daughter Elizabeth A. Cheek (Mrs. Wendell Cheek), and two grandchildren, Kevin and Dana Cheek of Denver, Colo. He was also preceded in death by brothers Bert, Fred, and Cletus; sisters, Mrs. Mable Mead, Mrs. Hazel Morgan, and Mrs. Vera Kepley.
Children of BIRDIE KIISTNER and RUSSELL BECHTELHEIMER are:
i. LOIS R.4 BECHTELHEIMER, b. 1931, 1931.
ii. R. RICHARD BECHTELHEIMER, b. 1933; d. 1933.
14. iii. ELIZABETH ANN BECHTELHEIMER, b. 1936.
9. WILLIAM3 KIISTNER (PETER2, ELIZABETH1 HAZKELT) was born September 29, 1894 in Grant Co., KS; USA, and died December 10, 1949 in Ulysses, Grant Co., KS; USA. He married ANNA MABLE KINSMAN.
Child of WILLIAM KIISTNER and ANNA KINSMAN is:
15. i. ARLENE4 KIISTNER.
10. MARY EMILY3 KIISTNER (PETER2, ELIZABETH1 HAZKELT) was born March 19, 1899 in Grant Co., KS; USA, and died November 17, 1997 in Grant Co., KS; USA. She married EARL H. MOORE.
Child of MARY KIISTNER and EARL MOORE is:
16. i. ROBERT EARL4 MOORE, b. 1930.
Generation No. 4
11. LUELLA ELIZABETH4 GEYER (MINNIE LOU3 KIISTNER, PETER2, ELIZABETH1 HAZKELT). She married ELDON BANKER in Ulysses, Grant Co., KS; USA.
Children of LUELLA GEYER and ELDON BANKER are:
i. TERRY5 BANKER.
ii. PHILLIP BANKER.
iii. TWIN BANKER.
12. PAULINE FRANCES4 BINNEY (JULIA ANNA3 KIISTNER, PETER2, ELIZABETH1 HAZKELT) was born June 23, 1913 in New Ulysses, Grant Co., KS; USA, and died 1999 in Garden City, Finney Co., KS, USA. She married LAWRENCE EARL ANNIS March 03, 1930 in Liberal, Seward Co., KS; USA, son of TRACY ANNIS and ELIZABETH BAXTER.
More About PAULINE FRANCES BINNEY:
Burial: 1999, Ulysses Cemetary, Grant Co., KS; USA
More About LAWRENCE EARL ANNIS:
Burial: 1973, Ulysses Cemetary, Grant Co., KS; USA
Child of PAULINE BINNEY and LAWRENCE ANNIS is:
i. ROBERT RUSSELL5 ANNIS, b. January 11, 1936, Garden City, Finney Co., KS; USA; m. CAROL JANE MCCARTY, July 14, 1961, Garden City, Finney Co., KS, USA.
13. CLAYTON HAROLD4 BINNEY (JULIA ANNA3 KIISTNER, PETER2, ELIZABETH1 HAZKELT) was born November 13, 1915 in Ulysses, Grant Co., KS, USA, and died July 27, 1967 in Ulysses, Grant Co., KS, USA. He married EMMAGENE ADAMS June 18, 1945 in Las Vegas, Clark Co., NV; USA, daughter of GEORGE ADAMS and ELIZABETH MAJORS.
Notes for CLAYTON HAROLD BINNEY:
SOURCE; Julie Beth Binney
I question the marriage date found in Aunt Lucille Kellhofer's records, because I remember finding Mom and Dad's marriage license the day we buried Mom. They were married a scant 4 months before I was born, and her divorce was final the previous day.
The Methodist minister, Rev. Leslie F.Toburen officiated at Dad's funeral at 10:00 a.m. July 29th. Shirley Monroe, long time family friend, sang "In the Garden" and "Beyond the Sunset", accompanied on the organ by Mrs. Myrtle Armstrong. Active pallbearers were Ernest Mann, Hubert F. McCall, Orville Tarbet, Roy Malone, Frank Lambert, Fred Fletcher. Honorary Pallbearers were Claude Merritt, Leroy Black, Archie Benson, Virgil Lathem, Harold Drake, Verle Johnson.
Dad was buried in the Ulysses Cemetary, 3 miles east of Ulysses, at 12:00 a.m. Monday, July 29th. The graveside service was by American Legion Post #79, with Floyd Pinnick, Don Peterson, Perry Rubart, Joe Chilen, Jack Ford, Floyd Keller and Tafe Schauer presenting arms.
Dad was a member of the American Legion, VFW, Ulysses Chamber of Commerce, Grant County Sportsman's Club and active in the Republican party.
He had an intense interest in vegetable production under irrigation, and he served several years as industrial committee chairman for the Chamber of Commerce. One year he served as a local broker for the sale of head lettuce grown in Ulysses.
More About CLAYTON HAROLD BINNEY:
Burial: 1968, Ulysses Cemetary, Grant Co., KS; USA
Cause of Death: Brain tumor
Military service: US Navy WW II
More About EMMAGENE ADAMS:
Burial: 1984, Ulysses Cemetary, Grant Co., KS; USA
Children of CLAYTON BINNEY and EMMAGENE ADAMS are:
i. ELIZABETH JULIA E5 BINNEY1, b. April 24, 1946, San Diego, CA; USA2; m. (1) WILFRED AARON POWELL, December 16, 1964, Methodist Chapel, Ulysses, Grant Co., KS; USA; m. (2) SCOTT CHARLES BAXTER3,4, November 01, 1990, Seattle, King County, WA; USA.
More About ELIZABETH JULIA E BINNEY:
Divorced: 1967, No children
Notes for SCOTT CHARLES BAXTER:
[Baxter Foster Miller.FTW]
ii. GEORGE WILLIAM BINNEY, b. November 28, 1948, Garden City, Finney Co., KS, USA; m. (1) JUDITH KATHERINE MILLER, December 23, 1969, Ulysses, KS; USA; m. (2) JERIEN ANNETTE WRIGHT, September 15, 1978, CA; USA.
14. ELIZABETH ANN4 BECHTELHEIMER (BIRDIE ELIZABETH3 KIISTNER, PETER2, ELIZABETH1 HAZKELT) was born 1936. She married WENDELL CHEEK.
Children of ELIZABETH BECHTELHEIMER and WENDELL CHEEK are:
i. DANA5 CHEEK.
ii. KEVIN CHEEK.
15. ARLENE4 KIISTNER (WILLIAM3, PETER2, ELIZABETH1 HAZKELT). She married DOUG MACGILLIVRAY, son of GERALD MACGILLIVRAY and ESTHER WITHROW.
Children of ARLENE KIISTNER and DOUG MACGILLIVRAY are:
i. WILLIAM5 MACGILLIVRAY.
ii. SANDRA MACGILLIVRAY.
iii. DOUG MACGILLIVRAY.
iv. SHELLEY MACGILLIVRAY.
16. ROBERT EARL4 MOORE (MARY EMILY3 KIISTNER, PETER2, ELIZABETH1 HAZKELT) was born 1930. He married CARMALETA BETSWORTH October 15, 1955.
Children of ROBERT MOORE and CARMALETA BETSWORTH are:
i. TROY5 MOORE.
ii. GAYLE MOORE.
iii. BETH MOORE.
1. Baxter - Binney Family Tree.FTW, Date of Import: Jan 11, 2002.
2. Baxter - Binney Family Tree.FTW.
3. Baxter Foster Miller.FTW, Date of Import: Jan 11, 2002.
4. Baxter - Binney Family Tree.FTW, Date of Import: Jan 11, 2002.
Notify Administrator about this message?
|Home | Help | About Us | Site Index | Jobs | PRIVACY | Affiliate|
|© 2007 The Generations Network|