I'm looking for any descendants of the following KEEFE/OKEEFE individuals:
JOHN KEEFE/OKEEFE, b. 1821/2 Cork, Ireland (s/o??); md. Margaret (maiden name?); died ??; immigrated between 1846 and 1851 to NY. Lived in Islip, Bay Shore and Babylon, Long Island, N.Y. between time of arrival and 1900; one of his grandchildren (see below*) settled in Bloomfield, Essex, N.J.
CHILDREN (prob. all b. Long Island, N.Y., except John):
1) JOHN, b. 1846/7, Ireland
2) PATRICK, b. 1851/2, New York
3) MARY, b. 1853/4, New York
4) JO(H)ANNA, b. 1859/60, New York
5) ELLEN, b. 1863/4, New York
6) CATHERINE, b. 1855/6, New York
7) JAMES, b. 1866/7, New York
8) THOMAS, b. 1869/70, New York
9) WILLIAM, b. 1870/71, New York
(There may have been more children, but these are the only names I can identify at this time).
* John Okeefe's grandson (son of his son, Patrick) was WILLIAM KEEFE/OKEEFE, b. ca 1873 NY (William's siblings were John ("Jack") b. 1877/8, Anna Louise B. 1874 (may have d. y.), EMMA b. 1875 (d. in her 30s of meningitis), and GRACE MARION B. 1880 (our direct ancestor). William was living in Babylon, Long Island, N.Y. with his family in 1880, in Manhattan 1900, and in Bloomfield, Essex, N.J. from 1910 thru 1930 acc'dg to census info. William md.
Nora(h) KANE/CAIN the dau. of Daniel KANE/CAIN and Bridget.
Children of WILLIAM and NORA were: MARGARET H.(HELEN) (NICKNAMED "PUDDY") B. CA. 1898; FRANK M. B. CA. 1899; WILLIAM JR. B. CA. 1903; JOHN C. (nicknamed "Jack") B. CA. 1905; AND EMMA V. B. CA. 1907.
NOTE: Another connecting name to this KEEFE/OKEEFE family, besides KANE/CAIN, is ACKERMAN.
If you think you are a desc. of any of these KEEFE individuals, please contact me to share info.
Thanx so much, and
Regards, Kathy - Long Island, N.Y.
Notify Administrator about this message?
|Home | Help | About Us | Site Index | Jobs | PRIVACY | Affiliate|
|© 2007 The Generations Network|