Thanks to Sharrie who wrote this:
Seek birth date of 2) Lewis Jones ---- ---- ????
baptized 1 Jun 1824 Llanfihangel y Pennant, Wales, by Thomas Evans, Curate
Also, see note at the end.
Thank you in advance,
Last update: 2/09/07
WALES 1841 and 1851 census and baptismal/burial dates found
NAME BIRTH YEAR BIRTH PLACE (1851 census only)
Rowland Jones 1796 - 1794 Pennal, Merionethshire
Elizabeth 1801 - 1797 Llanfihangel, Merionethshire *
1) Joseph Jones 1823 Llanfihangel, Merionethshire * (not In 1851)
baptized 10 Apr 1823 Llanfihangel y Pennant by Thomas Evans, Curate
2) Lewis Jones ---- ---- ????
baptized 1 Jun 1824 Llanfihangel y Pennant by Thomas Evans, Curate
3)Thomas Jones 1827 Pennal, Merionethshire
baptized 20 Feb 1826 Llanfihangel y Pennant by Thomas Evans, Curate
4) Matilda Jones 1829 Merioneth (per English census-not in 1851)
baptized 9 Nov 1828 Talyllyn by Thomas Evans, Curate
abode: Pontperthog Mill
5) Rowland Jones ---- ---- ????
baptized 11 Mar 1830 Talyllyn by Thomas Evans, Curate
abode: Ponperthog Mill
buried: 8 Feb 1833 Talyllyn by Thomas Evans, Curate
6) Elizabeth Jones 1831 - 1833 Pennal, Merionethshire
7) Rowland Jones 1836 unknown (not in 1851)
baptized 13 Feb 1836 Graig Independent, Machynlleth, Montgomery Co. by D Morgan, Minister
born 30 Jan 1836 Penal
(note: only record to date that lists maiden name of mother: Evans)
8) Edward Jones 1837 Pennal, Merionethshire
9) Susan Jones 1838 - 1839 Pennal, Merionethshire
10) David Jones 1840 - 1841 Pennal, Merionethshire
11) Mary Jones 1843 Machynlleth, Montgomeryshire (1851 only)
NOTES: 1) Before name of place of baptism, i.e. Talyllyn, insert Parish of
CENSUS: Place of residence (birth years-first is 1841 and second is 1851)
* 1841 census asks if you were born in county of residency and Elizabeth Evans (1797) and Joseph Jones are the only ones marked with **.
1841 Llanwin, Machynlleth, Montgomeryshire, Wales.
1851 Machynlleth, Montgomeryshire **, Wales.
1850 US Joseph Jones and David Jones in NYC.
1860 US Joseph Jones and David Jones in New York City, New York; Rowland Jones, Sr, Susan Jones and Edward Jones in Oneida Co NY.
** Street name in Machynlleth looks like Maengwyn Street and above the name appear to be the words across pipe in??
1) Checked burials after 1824 for Lewis in Llanfihangel and Machynlleth - nothing found.
2) Thomas Evans became Curate at Llanfihangel in 1814, last entry 1835.
3) POSSIBLE marriage of Rowland and Elizabeth Jones 3 July 1819, Machynlleth, Wales.
Notify Administrator about this message?
|Home | Help | About Us | Site Index | Jobs | PRIVACY | Affiliate|
|© 2007 The Generations Network|