My great-grandfather was George Franklyn Jenness. He was born in 1880, and he died in 1961. He was in the saw mill business, and he left his family in Colleton County, S.C. during the Great Depression. He eventually settled in Wilmington, N.C., and he and his wife - Mary Matilda (Pritchard) Jenness - had 8 children.
Information is incomplete. However, here is all the information I have to date; I have incomplete information in regard to the offspring of these children, and would love to have it, if there's anyone out there who does:
1. Warren Monroe Jenness. Birthdate unknown. Died in 1974 in Palm Beach, Florida. Father of George 'Frank' Jenness, who passed away in August, 2009.
2. Elizabeth Jenness Hughes. Birthdate: January 16th, 1912. Died March 27th, 1992. Known as 'Lib' or 'Lizzie,' she cooked awesome stuffed flounder, and baked pecans. She was a sweet lady.
3. Agnes Jenness Piggott. Born July 29th, 1914. Died February 28th, 1993. She was born in Dillon, South Carolina.
4. George "Red" Franklin Jenness, Jr. Born June 2nd, 1915. Died May 13th, 1993. A carpenter, he was born in Walterboro, S.C. He and his wife, Roxie (Savos) Jenness, had three children: Jerusha "Judy" Faye, Eugene Ray Jenness (My father, he was better known as 'Gene Ray'), and Barbara Allen.
5. Arthur Eugene Jenness, a.k.a. "Slim" or "Doc." Born May 30th, 1921, died March 20th, 1996.
6. Elizabeth "Betty" Jenness Godbehere, a.k.a. "Liza Mae." Born July 8th, 1924, died in a fire on October 4th, 1946.
7. Myra Jenness Claire.
8. John Henry Jenness.
Notify Administrator about this message?
|Home | Help | About Us | Site Index | Jobs | PRIVACY | Affiliate|
|© 2007 The Generations Network|