Dianna, you made a great find here. This document verifies the names of Robert S. Jarman's sons. I'm going to try to obtain a photocopy of the original document. I'm wondering if there could be a transcription error. I think it possible the name is Sarah Lyles and not Sarah Siles. In the early census records Lile, Liles and Lyles were spellings for the same family. Also in script a capital L & S can look similar. Robert S. Jarman's mother-in-law was Sarah Lyles. See 1850 Census Montgomery Co., TN., pg, 82. "Sarah Lyles, 55, NC, living in the household of Robert Jarman. If this was the Will of Sarah Lyles then she would have only been about about 45 years old when she wrote it. Robert Ivey would have been about 3 and William James would have been about 1 year of age. She must have been ill or her husband must have recently died and the mortality of her existence was on her mind. The ironic part is Sarah out lived all of them. I also noticed she had a fair amount of personal property, leading me to think her husband left the land to one of their children. The husbands given name is unknown. He would most likely be in the 1840 Census in TN or NC.
When I obtain a copy of the original Will in question I will post the result if the S in Siles could be a L.
I have compiled information I have accumulated on Robert S. Jarman's parents and siblings that has come from my own research and that of others that have posted information on the internet. I'm throwing it out there for all how have interest to scrutinize it. Since a Will or probate records for Josiah has not yet surfaced the information on his children is not ideal and it needs to be peiced together.
Researching: JOSIAH JARMAN, b. 1784, Tyrrell Co., N.C., d. 1840/1850 of Montgomery Co., TN, marriage date ?. His wife was MARY of NC. Parents of Josiah and Mary are unknown.
At this time it appears their known children are:
1. JAMES JARMAN, b. abt 1800, d, bef 1850, of McNairy Co., TN (relationship, established by genetic testing.
2. JOHN JARMAN, abt 1808, NC, d. 12 Jan 1862, Franklin, Howard Co., MO. (He died in a hospital of fever, 2 days after being mustered out of the MO. Militia, Union Army. His family lived in Priors Mill, Osage Co., MO) m. 1 Sep 1831, Clarksville, Montgomery Co., TN to Lucy B. Sills.
3. ROBERT S. JARMAN, b. 1810, NC, d. aft 1860, of - Osage Co., MO, m. 10 Sep 1838, Montgomery Co., TN to Margareth Delana Lyle.
4. JOSIAH JARMAN, b. 6 Jun 1812, NC, d. bef 1880, of MO. m. 31 Jul 1839 to Nancy Evaline Rogers
5. KESIAH JARMAN, b. abt 1820, TN, d. bef 1880, of Douglas Co., MO, m. 29 Jul 1839 to William C. Fields
Corrections, additions and documentation are greatly appreciated.
Note of interest: Tennessee Co., North Carolina was part of the area that became the state of Tennessee in 1796. This area is known today primarily as Montgomery Co., but also includes parts of Robertson, Stewart, Dickson, Hickman, Houston and Humphrey counties.
When time permits I will follow up with the documentation I have.
Notify Administrator about this message?
|Home | Help | About Us | Site Index | Jobs | PRIVACY | Affiliate|
|© 2007 The Generations Network|