Would Like to have any info on Alice J. Jarman born Oct., 1843 in Sumpter Alabama, daughter of James Jarman Born about 1816, Onslow Co., N.C.
She is my Great Grandmother. She maried Bartley M. Pace in Tyler, Smith Co., Texas on 18 Nov., 1868. Thank You. Palmer Lee Pace
BERRY JARMAN, father of Joseph, was also a native of Onslow county,
From his native county he (Berry) moved to Columbia county, Georgia, thence to Jefferson county, same state, whence he went to Pendleton District, South Carolina, where he remained three years, after which he returned to Georgia, and for two years lived in Fayette county. Thence he moved to Leon county, Florida, and after that to Talbot county, Georgia, and then passed nineteen years in Sumter county, Alabama, and from there moved to Smith county, Texas, in 1855, and here died.
He (Berry) married Mary, daughter of William Wren, of North Carolina, and by her became the father of the following children----John, Nancy, Betsy, Roxian, Joseph, James, Alice, Susan, Martha, Mary, and Thomas.
Nancy Jarman was married to Elijah Poole, but with her husband, is now deceased.
Roxian was married to John Spence, a native of Ireland, and now deceased.
Susan was married to Charles Hitt, of South Carolina, and;
Martha was married to Henry Hitt, both the husbands being now deceased.
JOSEPH JARMAN, the subject of this sketch, married Lucinda, daughter of
Mr. Jarman is the father of sixteen children, named as follows----John J.,
The marraige, which resulted in the birth of the above named children, took place October 15, 1840, and ten years later Mr. Jarman came to Texas, and for twenty-one years resided in Smith county, but after serving in the Confederate service under Captain Thompson and Colonel Jones and returning to Smith county for a while, removed to Grayson county, his present place of residence.
Mr. Jarman is a Free and Accepted Mason, and a "bright" one at that. He is also a sincere worshiper at the shrine of God, under the interpretation of the scriptures by the elders of the Missionary Baptist church.
Joel C. Jarman md Martha McCune 9/10/1816 Richmond Co., Ga
William Jarmond md Martha Zimmerman 9/19/1811 Morgan Co., Ga.
Penelope Fort b. Sep. 14, 1791 md a Mr. Jarman (possibly William B. Jarman) before 1850 and is believed to have lived in Anson Co., NC (Daughter of Turner Fort (b. Mar., 1763) and Elizabeth Hobgood)
North Carolina Wills;
Thomas Jarman, Onslow Co., N.C.
Sons: Thomas, John, Moses, Larrance, William
Abstracts of the records of Onslow Co., N.C. 1734-1850 Vol 1 by Zoe Hargett Gwynn
1741--John Jarman witness to deed
Sept., 24, 1751--James Mashburn to John Jarman for 26 pounds, 1 shilling, 4 pence
Feb 16, 1759--John Jarman to Jacob Humphrey, both of Craven Co., N.C. for 15 pounds, 150 acres on Elder Branch running out of NW branch of New River at Jethro Masburn's line. Testators: Thomas Jarman, Thomas Maulsbey[Maulsberry]
Oct 10, 1765--Miles Parker of Onslow Co., N.C. to his son Amos Parker a gift of his household goods and a debt of 5 pounds 5 shillings due from Jesse Jarman of Duplin Co., NC
Nov 12, 1767--Thomas Jarmon to John Jarmon for 25 pounds 50 acres at Tarkiln Branch which was conveyed from William Mainor to Benjamin Stedham and conveyed by him to Thomas Jarmon who now deeds a dividend of 50 acres to John Jarmon, at Cox's Branch. Testators: Aaron Cox, Charles Markland
Apr 26, 1772--Frances Parker to John Jarmon for 80 pounds, 250 acres on SW side New River in John Stone's corner. Testators: Jacob, John Humphrey
Oct 30, 1772--Thomas Jarmon witness to deed
Many more land transactions
Oct 3, 1777--William Wrenn to Benjamin Reeves for 22 pounds a lot or tenement at Week's Point--in the town of Bogue, lot # 23.
Jan 10, 1778--William Wren witness to deed
Oct, 1779--John Jarman buys water grist mill [ 1/2 of it with Arthur Barons] sells his half to Arthur Barons the next year.
Apr 13, 1785-- Thomas Jarman to his daughter Anny Jarman, a slave
Jan 10, 1786--Gideon Hawkins to Thomas Jarman, schoolmaster ---property
Oct 31, 1789--Rosamond Jarman, wit to deed [widow of John Jarman, married Richard Averett]
Oct 4, 1792--John Averett to Rosamond Jarman for 135 pounds all land that fell to me by John Jarman, deceased, where said Jarman lived.
1794--Susanna Jarman seems to be a Mashburn
May 15, 1794--Joseph Berryman, dau. Anne Jarman
Apr 6, 1795--Lawrence, Mariner, sells 100 acres (his wife dau. of Huestress Humphrey)
Apr 8, 1799-- Thomas Jarman sells all land he owns in Onslow Co., NC - 200 pounds
Mar 31, 1800--John Jarman to Thomas Jarman for 20 ponds paid by Luke Jarman (Luke dec'd now) John sells all his part of his father's (Thomas Jarman) land that falls to him by heirship. Testators: Lawrence and Elizabeth Jarman
June 16, 1800--Elizabeth Jarman to her 3 children, gift of land: Thomas, Lotty, Spico Jarman.
Feb, 1795-- Abraham Jarman, Justice
Feb 10, 1776--Will of William Wrenn(Wren) Probate Jan, 1789--wife Katherine-- entering Army
John Jarman md Elizabeth Killegrove Apr 13, 1795
Moses Jarman md Susan Marshbourn Aug 2, 1820
Thomas Jarman md Elizabeth Cox an 26, 1783
Jarman, Carrie b. June 26, 1848 d. March 22, 1911 Collinsville, Grayson Co., Tx.
B.(Bartley) M. (Jr.) Pace md Allis (Alice) J. Jarman Nov 18, 1868
My line follows;
------ WORKING CHART ------
(1) RICHARD PACE, ANCIENT PLANTER -- To Jamestown, Virginia
(2) GEORGE PACE-- Born ca. 1609, England. Died post 12 Oct.,1650, and before 4 Jan. 1655/6 in Virginia. Married ca. 1630 to SARAH MAYCOCKE, born ca. 1621 in Jamestown, Va. Died ca. 1655 in Virginia.
(3) RICHARD PACE -- Born ca. 1638 Charles City Co. Va., died ca.
(4) RICHARD PACE -- born ca. 1675, Va., will proved Feb. 1738 Bertie Precinct, N.C. Removed from Va. to N.C. ca. 1723 - 1726. Married ca. 1688 REBECCA POYTHRESS, born ca. 1665.
(5) RICHARD PACE -- Born ca. 1699, Va., died ca. 1775 in Ga. Removed from N.C. to S.C. ca. 1757, thence to Ga. ca. 1759.
(6) SILAS PACE Sr. -- Born ca. 1746, N.C., died pre 1790, Edgefield District, S.C.; married before 13 Dec. 1770 to MARY NEWSOME, born ca. 1750 in Bertie Precinct, N.C. Died 1804 in Columbia Co. Ga.
(7) SILAS PACE JR. -- Born ca. 1778, S.C., died 1811, Abbeville
(8) BARTLEY M. PACE SR. -- Born after 1806, died in 1838, Talladega, Ala. Married ELIZABETH TAYLOR, born ca. 1813, Ga.
(9) BARTLEY M. PACE JR. -- Born Apr. 1837, Talladega Co. Ala.
(10) JAMES M. PACE -- Born April 14, 1872, Hopkins Co. Tex. Died 1964, Latimer Co. OK. Married ca. 1895 CORA ANN DAVIS, born Feb. 1880 in Tex. Died 1914 in OK.
(11) HARRINGTON PACE -- Born July 14, 1913, Sulphur Springs, Hopkins Co. Tex. Married Nov, 21, 1937 Polk Co. Ark. to BESSIE REBECCA CHANEY, born Jan. 20, 1920, Polk Co., Ark.
(12) PALMER LEE PACE-- Born April 12, 1947, Kings co. Calif. Married (1st) COLLEEN MAE WILMOTH (dau of BILL WILMOTH and DIXIE FARRELL)
(13) KATHRYN LeANNE PACE -- Born June 12, 1987, Pittsburg Co. Oklahoma
(13) NATHAN JEROME PACE -- Born Nov. 20, 1969, Pittsburg Co., Okla. Married 4 May, 1990 Sebastion Co. Ark. to TRACY WYNETTE SMITH, born 15 Nov., 1969 in Cabell Co., West Virginia
(14) CASEY LANE PACE -- Born January 31, 1997, Tulsa, Oklahoma
|Home | Help | About Us | Site Index | Jobs | PRIVACY | Affiliate|
|© 2007 The Generations Network|