Is my ancestor Thomas Mills the same as yours?
In Brief: my Thomas was a tinman, b in Ireland (where?) in about 1820, lived in Isle of Man from about 1840s. He married Susan (born Douglas about 1820).
- 1851 finds them in Castleton with 4 children - Christian, Ellen, Thomas (all born in Peel) and George (b Castleon).
- By 1861 they're in Ramsey but with a different tribe of children (all under ten) - James, Nelson (both b Castleton), Walter (b Ramsey) and Anna (b Castleton).
- in 1871 they're still in Ramsey with James, Anna, Walter and Louis
I am descended from Walter, b Ramsey in 1859, a painter and decorator. he married Elizabeth Catherine (surname?).
- 1891 shows the family living in Maughold St, Ramsey with children: Thomas Edward, Beatrice Elizabeth, Ethel Christina, Joseph Henry, Halter Louis, Helena, James Nelson and Ellen. I remember some of these from my childhood.
- My father (William Dennis, b1924) was brought up with this family, although I believe he was the son of Thomas Edward.
Notify Administrator about this message?
|Home | Help | About Us | Site Index | Jobs | PRIVACY | Affiliate|
|© 2007 The Generations Network|