The RI Genealogical Society has been working on a book of the Irons family of RI.
Here is what appears in the 1st. draft:
Sidney Smith Irons, birth date unknown; m. Jennie Ray Short, b. 20 March 1870 - d. 13 Dec. 1938 Warwick, Kent Co., RI, buried in the North Burial Ground, Providence, RI.
1. Alice Evelyn, b. 4 Jan. 1892 Prov (RIB92:160)
2. Maude Moretta, b. 5 Oct. 1893 Prov. (RI Dept. of Health:
Delayed Birth Rec'ds. 1846-1898, Filed 1943 File #1794)
3. Courtland P., b. 9 Oct. 1894 Cranston, RI
4. Margaret Hellen, b. 3 Apr. 1896 prov. (RIB96:188)
5. Sidney H., b. 28 Dec. 1896 - d. 15 Nov. 1901 Cranston,
RI, at 4 yrs. of age. (RID1901:29)bur. No. Burial Grd.
6. _____, b. 28 Dec. 1897 Cranston (RIB97:043)
7. Lena Irene, b. 9 Feb. 1899 Cranston - d. 15 Aug. 1899
Cranston, RI (RID99:638) (RID99:772)
8. Roy, b. 30 May 1900 Cranston (RIB1900:016)
9. Lillie M., b. 11 Sept. 1901 - d. 11 Apr. 1902 Cranston
10. Sidney S., b. 23 Dec. 1904 - d. 5 Feb. 1905 Cranston
12. Milton L., b. 1 Nov. 1907 - d. 25 Nov. 1907 Cranston
(RID1907:37)buried No. Burial Ground, Providence, RI.
Courtland P. Irons, b. 9 Oct. 1894 Cranston - d. 1948, buried Pocasset Cem., Cranston, RI; m. 14 June 1917 Providence, RI, Emma M. Steinhauer, b. 24 Oct. 1897 - d. Aug. 1981, buried Pocasset Cem.
1. Virginia Emma, b. 13 May 1918 - d. 27 Aug. 1918 Cranston
(RID1918:58) bur. Pocasset Cem.
How sure are you that Sidney Irons was b. in Nova Scotia there is a Ernest N. Iron who was b. in 1870 in St. Johns, New Brunswick, Canada. Most of the Irons living in RI had ancestors who had been there for generations only a few were from Canada.
There is a
Sidney H. Irons, birth date unknown who d. 1905 buried Locust Grove Cem., Prov., RI.
Sidney S. Irons, d. 1949 bur. Locust Grove Cem.
Hope this helps.
Notify Administrator about this message?
|Home | Help | About Us | Site Index | Jobs | PRIVACY | Affiliate|
|© 2007 The Generations Network|