Looking for more information and possible O'Neill cousins that I can exchange information with on our families. My O'Neill's were sailors living in Wexford near the harbour in the latter part of the 1800's/early 1900's.
My line is (from oldest to present time):
1. Thomas O'Neill (born circa 1820 married to Anastasia Gordon around 1845 in Wexford though not confirmed yet). Thomas was listed as Ship Owner on son Michael's marriage cert in 1869.
2. Michael O'Neill (born 1847/48 in Wexford, married Mary Anne Duggan daughter of Matthew Duggan in 1869.) The O'Neill and Duggan families were living on New Street, in Wexford town in 1869. Both Thomas O'Neill and Matthew Duggan are listed as "Ship Owner" for occupations. Michael died before 1894.
3. Catherine Mary O'Neill (born Feb 1876 married Henry Joseph Young in 1895 in Dublin City)
4. Desmond Young (born 1908 married Mollie Jowers 1933 Annapolis, MD; died in 1994)
5. K. Young (born 1954 married R. Haynes in 1971)
Michael and Mary Anne O'Neill also had a son Matthew born Dec 1876 and another son Michael (Jr) born in 1871. There are possibly other children of this union. Family lore has it that Michael was lost at sea though no confirmation on that.
Recently read a post on Ancestry that stated that Matthew O'Neill was a Harbour Master and Pilot Master for Wexford Harbour. I am almost certain this Matthew is either Michael's son or Michael's nephew (from possible brother Laurence O'Neill).
Please advise if you can confirm any of this or offer more information. Right now I am getting all my info from various marriage certs I've located.
Notify Administrator about this message?
|Home | Help | About Us | Site Index | Jobs | PRIVACY | Affiliate|
|© 2007 The Generations Network|