Dear fellow researchers,
If you have a Harrison from County Monghan or County Armagh in your tree I would love to hear from you. I am researching the descendants of James Harrison of Church Hill, County Monaghan. He was a cousin of Hugh Harrison of Ballybay, they having a common ancestor born about 1623. Hugh was the father of Francis.
James Harrison (born 1730s) of Church Hill had 12 sons and two daughters. Here are the children the Harrison family and I have been able to find:
1. William Harrison (b. 1861) of New York City, single.
2. John Harrison of Camoly Ball, County Armagh
3. Thomas Harrison of Church Hill
4. James Harrison [the younger, not called Jr.] of Smithville, Chenango County, New York
5 & 6. two boys who are missing, likely among the older 6 boys
7. Joseph Harrison of Smithville, New York
8. Robert Harrison of Moy House [I assume, in Moye]
9. Samuel Harrison of Smithville, New York
10. George Harrison of Church Hill
11. Mary Harrison who married Alexander Hutchinson. In 1822 they immigrated to Argyle, Washington County, New York.
12. Arthur Noble Harrison of Argyle, New York, and New York City. (Not to be confused with his nephew, John's son, Arthur Noble Harrison of Anyart.)
13. Andrew Harrison of New York City, single.
14. Mrs. William Monahan who MIGHT be Bridget Monahan of Brooklyn, New York, but MIGHT NOT BE.
I am collecting the names of descendants down to about 1945, not collecting names of the living. I'm in contact with descendants of each of the married children above, except for George. Gotta go.
Polly Lynn, pkLjdL@gmail.com
Notify Administrator about this message?
|Home | Help | About Us | Site Index | Jobs | PRIVACY | Affiliate|
|© 2007 The Generations Network|