Carolans in Farthagorman
Patrick Carolan m. Alice Fitzpatrick - 9 Oct. 1838
Bernard Carolan m. Elizabeth Fitzpatrick – 18 Apr. 1839 (my gggrandparents)
A Patrick Carolan is listed as emigrating from Farthagorman in 1848 at age 28. Not known if this is the same Patrick as above.
Griffith’s lists 2 Carolan heads of households in Farthagorman, Patrick and Bryan. I believe Bryan is a mis-transcription of Bernard.
At least 3 children of Bernard and Elizabeth.
Elizabeth Carolan m. James Murray -1867
Catherine Carolan m. Thos McGeogh -27 Aug. 1868
John Carolan m. Bridgit Markey 16 Jan. 1864 (my ggrandparents) daughter of John and Rose Markey of Carrickmacross.
John Carolan and Bridgit Markey Carolan had 13 children, of which all but one emigrated. The names of all 13 are not known
1. Mary Ann Carolan b. 18 April 1868
2. Patrick Carolan b. 10 Oct. 1869 (assume this child didn’t survive as another is named Patrick later.
3. Bernard Carolan – birthdate unknown – emigrated to the US in the early 1890s, perished in the Spanish-American war.
4. James Joseph Carolan b. 1876 (my grandfather) emigrated with his brother Bernard, then returned to Ireland and re-emigrated in 1900. Married Lucy (Kelly) O’Toole of Boston. Had 4 children and died in 1929.
5. John Carolan – birthdate unknown – my father reports he had an uncle John who deserted his family in New York.
6. Patrick Carolan b. 15 Mar. 1878
7. Rose Carolan b. 18 April 1979 (Rose remained in Carrickmacross, and married a black & tan, to the family’s great chagrin.)
8? Bridgit Carolan – birthdate unknown – emigration records show a Bridgit Carolan emigrating from Carrickmacross. I suspect she is one of the 13 children of Bernard and Elizabeth.
Notify Administrator about this message?
|Home | Help | About Us | Site Index | Jobs | PRIVACY | Affiliate|
|© 2007 The Generations Network|