The following are the family I am trying to trace for any details of Irish origins and of arrival in USA and travels thereafter. In particular I have no records of the parents other than the marriage record.
Jeremiah MacGillicuddy(McGill) of Garahadoo
m. Sarah Leslie (Lestu) 15 Feb 1825 Killorglin, Kerry Ireland
1. Mary McGillicuddy b . ba 5 Jun 1825 Garrahadoo (Garrihidoo), Killorglin, Kerry, Ireland
2. Cornelius McGillicuddy b . ba 24 Oct 1826 Killorglin, Killorglin, Kerry, Ireland
3. John MacGillicuddy b&. baptised 17 Aug 1828 (www.irishgenealogy.ie) became a Jesuit priest. Professor of Rhetoric, St Louis 1864 – 65, 1868-76 Administrator and Vicar General of Covington, returned to Jesuits and died Detroit 1880.
4. Florence McGillicuddy, b . bap 1 Jan 1830, Killorglin, Killorglin, Kerry, Ireland
5. James Herbert McGill[icuddy] born 17.7.1831, Killorglin, Killorglin, Kerry, Ireland (family and www.irishgenealogy.ie)
6. Charles McGILLICUDDY, b. bap 2 Sep 1832, Killorglin, Killorglin, Kerry, Ireland
Shoemaker of Chelsea MA
m. Mary Galvin 18 of Chelsea, 28 Dec 1851
7. Alexander McGillicuddy b. 24 Feb 1834 Killorglin, Killorglin, Kerry, Ireland
Boot and shoemaker of Charlestown MA
m. Mary Condon 21 of Charlestown 26 Aug 1855
8. Ellen McGillicuddy b. 20 Sep 1835 bapt. 20 Oct 1835 Milltown, Kerry, Ireland
9. Anne McGillicuddy b. 8 Jun 1837 bapt. 6 Aug 1837 Killarney, Kerry, Ireland
10. Catherine Mcgillicuddy b bap 30 Jan 1839 Killorglin, Killorglin, Kerry, Ireland
All the above children are listed with parents Jeremiah McGillicuddy and Sarah Leslie.
Who was Sarah Leslie? Any clues appreciated. I have the tree down from James.
Notify Administrator about this message?
|Home | Help | About Us | Site Index | Jobs | PRIVACY | Affiliate|
|© 2007 The Generations Network|