Children of Lt-Col William Battersby (1757-1837), [Deputy Governor of Meath; High Sheriff of Meath, 1804], of Bobsville, Crossakeel, Meath, Ireland, by his wife, Anna Maria Long (b India, Jan 1776; bapt in Calcutta, Feb, 1777; d at Bobsville, Meath, July 19, 1856) [daughter of Colonel Richard Long (1740-1814), of Longfield House, Cashel, Tipperary, Ireland, by his Indian mistress, Hedjeba, alleged to have been a princess, daughter of the Rajah of Arcot]:
1. Rev Robert Battersby (BA, Trinity Colle Dublin, 1819), b Jan 22, 1796; d Sept 17, 1888; Rector of Killeagh, Oldcastle, Meath; m. (wife's name unknown) & had issue, 4 sons, of whom two are known: Robert Battersby (living 1883), of Diamor, Crossakeel, Meath; & Thomas John Battersby (living 1883), of Phillipstown, Crossakeel, Meath. Rev Robt Battersby served as senior chaplain to the 1st & 2nd Marquesses of Headfort
2. Rosetta Charity Battersby, b May 12, 1797; d June 17, 1797
3. Capt Richard Long Battersby, b Dec 13, 1798; d Jan 1879, 15th Regiment of Foot
4. Rev William Battersby (BA, TCD, 1821; MA, TCD, 1832), b Jan 1, 1800; d July 12, 1880; of Boltown, Crosakeel, Meath; m. Mary Maud Caulfield. Issue if any unknown
5. Haynes Wade Battersby, b Nov 29, 1800; d Dec 9, 1800
6. Marianne Battersby, b 1802; d unmarried 1821
7. Thomas John Battersby, b 1804; d 1837; BA, TCD, 1819; MA, TCD, 1832
8. Edward Haynes Battersby, b 1805 & d same year, 1805
9. Henry Battersby, b 1806, d 1826
10. Harriette Battersby, b 1808; d unm Nov 15, 1878, of Bobsville, Crossakeel
11. Francis Battersby, b 1810; d June 2, 1882; of Boltown, Crossakeel; unknown if he m. & had issue; served as a justice of the peace
12. Charles Battersby, b 1811; d July 30, 1855; attended TCD in 1829 but did not graduate
13. John Long Battersby, b 1814; d Feb 9, 1885; of Bobsville, Crossakeel, Meath; m. 1st, Catherine Blakeney (who is believed to have died in childbirth, 1842; infant died also); John Long Battersby m. 2ndly, Feb 1855, his half first cousin, Charity Cooper (1830-1921), daughter of Samuel Cooper, of Killenure, Cashel, Tipperary, by his wife, Louisa Salisbury Long, daughter of Col Richard Long (1740-1814), of Longfield House, Cashel, Tipperary, by his wife, Charity Moore of Barne, Tipp. John & Charity Battersby had issue: a) Anna Louisa Battersby, b Dec 6, 1855; d Dec 5, 1872; b) William Cooper Battersby, b Dec 3, 1857; living 1888; of Bristol. England, in 1888; c) Francis Robert Battersby, b Aug 12, 1859; living 1905; of Bobsville; d) Charles Austin Batterby, b May 16, 1864; d unm 1899; of Bobsville.
14. Anna Battersby, b 1817 & d same yr, 1817
15. Hercules Soame Jenyns Battersby, b 1820; d June 8, 1859; unknown if he married & had issue.
Much of above information was obtained from: copy of family records found in Battersby of Bobsville Family Bible, Registry of Deeds Dublin, Trinity College Dublin records, Long Family records). I have posted the Battersby of Bobsville messages so that the Bobsville Battersby Family will not be forgotten
Cheers! Count Caragata
Notify Administrator about this message?
|Home | Help | About Us | Site Index | Jobs | PRIVACY | Affiliate|
|© 2007 The Generations Network|