Mary J.(Molly)Penley was Miles daughter born Sept.1869. Her 1st husband was M.J.Penley. Residence before 1893, Phil Campbell, Alabama. She married 2nd to a Sam Walker who died in a car accident. Miles died June 27, 1917 in Bryce Hospital (for mentally insane) Tuscaloosa, Alabama, age 73. I assume then that his daughter Mary or another family member may have taken him there. He died of Tuberculosis and pneumonia. He was buried Bryce Hospital Cemetery.
Miles married Mellissa (Mallissa or Malissa)Roach. She was born 1837 GA. She died 1899 Felton, Haralson County, GA.,buried Landmark Cemetery in Felton, daughter of James S. Roach and Elizabeth Ragsdale. They married on Sept. 13, 1865 in Cherokee Co. GA. In 1870 Miles and Mellissa lived in (East half) Eastern Blount Co. Alabama. In 1880 they lived in Burnt Hickory, Paulding Co. GA.
Miles and Mellissa Children:
1. William Richard Ingram born 17 June 1866 Haralson Co. Ga. Married Elizabeth Ezell or Ezzel. Born 1873 in Haralson Co. Died in 1944 Eastaboga,Alabama. Daughter of John C. Ezzel and Sarah Garner.
2. James Larkin Ingram (our direct line) born Oct. 15, 1868. Married Cora Anna Jones June 4, 1896 in Van Wert, Ga by Ballinger (info obtained from father-in-law in his records) James died Dec.28, 1910. Buried Rockmart Cemetery, Rockmart (Polk Co.) GA. Cora Anna (Jones) Ingram born April 2, 1870 Rockmart, GA., died March 5, 1923, Atlanta,Fulton Co. GA. Daughter of Isaac Newton Jones and Martha Julina Reece (2nd marriage) Isaac 1st marriage to Mary Thompson in 1839. She died 1864 giving birth to a child. Cora Anna Ingram was living with Tom Kalamas and Audie Mae (Ingram) Kalamas before she died. Your grandmother Annie Grace remained living with them in her youth.
3. Mary J. (Molly) Ingram (info above)
4. John F. Ingram born abt. 1871. Married Dorald Dugger.
5. Henry Eli Ingram born Dec. 12, 1872 Walnut Grove, Alabama. Died July 16, 1960 Married Margaret Hutcheson on Feb. 4, 1895. Daughter of James Hutcheson and Emily McAdams of Paulding Co. GA.
Notes for Miles Dewey Ingram. Committed to Bryce Hospital by the Franklin County Probate Court on August 10, 1916, at age73. Born in Georgia. Mother's name as Millie Veal followed by a question mark. On admission he weighed 97.5 lbs., was 5 "3" in. tall with grey hair, blue eyes, light complexion, and a humped back. His diagnosis was Senile Dimentia caused by epilepsy. He died of tuberculosis and pneumonia in 1917, and was buried in the Bryce Hospital Cemetery. (Source: letter from a Pat Carson, Bryce Hospital to Edward H. Ingram, June 16, 1983. The cemetery is located on the old Jackson Farm on County Rd (27) off State in Tuscaloosa, Alabama.
Nicole, I am in the process of writing to you. You'll hear from me soon. Bear with me.
Notify Administrator about this message?
|Home | Help | About Us | Site Index | Jobs | PRIVACY | Affiliate|
|© 2007 The Generations Network|