I am gathering information for a book on the ancestors and descendants of Spencer Stevens and his wife Elizabeth of the Wayne and Union County area of Indiana, and would be very interested in exchanging information with anyone researching this family.
Spencer Stevens was born October 2, 1769, presumably in Loudoun County, Virginia, and died November 10, 1839 in Wayne County, Indiana. Elizabeth (maiden name not currently verified) was born February 28, 1772 and died August 28, 1852 in Wayne County. Their children were:
1. Susannah Stevens (October 28, 1794 October 26, 1861), married Cornelius Sparks in 1812. Family moved to Berrien County, Michigan.
2. William H. Stevens (September 6, 1796 February 26, 1887), married Mary Fouts in 1819. Family lived in Wayne County, Indiana.
3. Anna Stevens (ca. 1799 after 1870), married Joseph Stevens (her first cousin) in 1821. Family moved to Berrien County, Michigan.
4. Spencer Stevens Jr. (April 10, 1801 July 26, 1877), married Sarah Elizabeth Carter in 1828. Family lived in Wayne County, Indiana.
5. Dr. Isom Stevens (October 26, 1805 August 3, 1871), married Lydia Stauffer in 1841. Family lived in Wayne County, Indiana.
6. Sampson Stevens (March 22, 1806 September 16, 1888), married Katherine Plessenger in 1846. Family lived in Wayne County, Indiana.
7. Humphrey Stevens (ca. 1808/9 after 1889), married Pamela King in 1832. Family moved to Hancock County, Indiana, and later to Decatur County, Indiana.
8. Elizabeth Stevens (May 31, 1811 - 1901), married Squire Joseph Wright in 1833. Family moved to Hancock County, Indiana.
Spencer Stevens was the son of Sampson Stevens and Leanore Adams. This Stevens family was living in Stafford County, Virginia as early as 1731, and later moved to Henry County, Virginia (ca. 1779), Rowan County, North Carolina (ca. 1791), Madison County, Kentucky (ca. 1812), and Indiana (ca. 1812).
Please contact me at email@example.com if you are interested in exchanging information on this Stevens family or any descendants.
Notify Administrator about this message?
|Home | Help | About Us | Site Index | Jobs | PRIVACY | Affiliate|
|© 2007 The Generations Network|