Below are some questions I am e-mailing to several Alsman descendants. Alsmans were in Jessamine Co KY and Sullivan Co IN for many years.
1. Is there any update on the authenticity of Old Andrew's revolutionary war service?
2. Are you aware of any photographs of old Andrew, Ann or any of their children? (I'm not quite sure when photograghy was invented, but I figure any time after 1850 there is a possibility we might have something somewhere)
3. Are you aware of any attempt to research the family in Germany?
4. Are you aware of any attempts to organize an Alsman dna project ? (Including the variant spellings, Soltsman, Altman, etc etc)
5. Are there any newspaper obituaries of old Andrew, Ann, or their children? ( I am aware of the extensive info on the son "Palmyra" Andrew)
6. Are there any probate or will records/documents of old Andrew, or children, etc?
7. I have an issue with Harrison being the son of old Andrew and Ann:
a) Andrew was born btw 1748-1753
b) Ann was born btw 1749-58
c) Harrison was born in 1813, making Ann somewhere between 55 and 64 years old at his birth.
8. Harrison's death certificate states UNKNOWN for both parents. (FYI--Harrison died in 1900. In the history of Sullivan county book it incorrectly states 1889.)
9. Harrison's birthplace is said to be Bourbon County, KY, but I am not aware of Ol Andrew ever living there.
10. Any idea of when Harrison's wife Susannah died? Supposedly it was in Wright County, MO under the name Rebecca. I had an alternate death date of December 1898 in Carlisle, Indiana but there is no record of it.
11. Harrison's 2nd wife, Susannah--what was her maiden name? I have seen Sisson, Cox, and Davidson. (Mary Davidson was his first wife)
Notify Administrator about this message?
|Home | Help | About Us | Site Index | Jobs | PRIVACY | Affiliate|
|© 2007 The Generations Network|