Yes, John R. WILLIS, b. 1824, was the son of Levi & Martha (ROBARDS) WILLIS. I was wondering what your source was for his middle name being Robards. I have *assumed* the R. stood for Robards, but it would be great to have confirmation from another source that it was, indeed, Robards.
I made the connection from John to his parents based on the names of his children. If you look at the list of his children:
01. Joseph WILLIS, b. 1844
02. Levi "Lee" WILLIS, b. May 1846
03. Catherine "Kate" WILLIS, b. Apr 1848
04. Charles B. WILLIS, b. 23 Nov 1849
05. William Murphy "Will" WILLIS, b. 6 May 1853
06. Martha Jane "Mattie" WILLIS, b. Jan 1854
07. Permelia/Margaret "Maggie" WILLIS, b. 1856-59
08. Homer WILLIS, b. 12 May 1859
09. Sarah C. WILLIS, b. May 1862
10. John Homer WILLIS, b. 27 Jan 1864
11. Eliza WILLIS
12. James WILLIS
13. Josiah WILLIS
you see that the first two males are named Joseph and Levi, while the first two females are Catherine and Martha. These are the names of John and Sarah's parents: Joseph & Catherine (CARRICO) TRIMBLE and Levi & Martha (ROBARDS) WILLIS. It's not the kind of proof one would like, but it's enough proof for me. But this is why, if you have another, independent source for John's middle name, it would greatly support this deduction.
Also, if you see any mistakes in my list of children or can fill in any missing data, it would be most welcome -- in particular Sarah C. WILLIS's middle name.
Notify Administrator about this message?
|Home | Help | About Us | Site Index | Jobs | PRIVACY | Affiliate|
|© 2007 The Generations Network|