Revised version of that in Gordon forum. As always, if related to my family, or have documented addictions or corrections, please write.
Parents: James Gordon, b. ca. 1771, MD, d. 1854, age 83, Fremont, Sandusky, OH, & ma. ca. 1810, OH? to Annie ---(Donels?, b. 1784-5, MD, d. after 1850, Fremont, bu.? Previous wife?
George Wellington Gordon, b. 30 Jan. 1814, OH; d. 7 Dec. 1888, Argos, Marshall, IN, bu. Maple Grove Cem.(MGC), Walnut Tp., Marshall, IN. Moved to Marshall, IN ca. 1856 from St. Jos. Co., IN & there from Ohio ca. 1852.
Ma. 1st. ca. 1835, Seneca, OH, to Hannah Guisbert b. ca. 1815, MD.; d. 16 Sept. 1854, 39 yrs; poss. died from childbirth, in St. Jos. Co., IN, Bu. Sumption Prairie, Green Tp., St. Jos., IN. Father: Andreas Guisbert & ---.
Ma. 2nd 8 June 1856, Seneca, OH to Sarah S. McIntyre, b. 14 Sept. 1830, OH, d. 24 Mar. 1886, Marshall, MGC. Parents: Unk.
Children: by Hannah
1. Anna, b. May 1837, OH, d. after 1910, IN, bu. ISH?; ma. 11 May 1855, St. Jos., IN, to Allen Bolin, b. June 1834, OH, d. 4 July 1900, Indiana Soldiers Home, W. Lafayette, IN. bu. in ISH Cem, row H #19
2. Lafayette b. 15 Feb 1839, Thompson, Seneca, OH; d. 9 June 1864, Washington, D.C., from wounds at Spotsylvania, Va. Regt. 20, Co. C, IVI; not married.
3. Margarette (Maggie) 1840-1, d. ?; ma. 10 June 1866, Marshall, IN, to Frances M. Dawson, b. 1849-50, IN; d? s/o Wm. (1801 KY--1887 Argos, IN)& Sarah Greer Dawson. Unable to find after 1870. Poss. to Pierce, WI in 1880.
4. John C. b. 24 June 1844, Seneca, OH, d. 18 Nov. 1925, Chicago, IL, bu. MGC, Argos, IN. Co. C. 20th IVI.
Ma. 1st 6 May 1872, Marshall? Millie J. Sanders b. 25 Apr. 1851, Lake, IN., d. after 1930?. d/o Rev. R. H. Sanders(b. 1833, Greenbg., PA) & Mary A. Sutton. Div. by 1892; she remarried Millard C. Pearson 1898-9, to Chicago, IL.
Children: Zena Winnifred, d/o J. C. & M. J., b. 21 Jan. 1873, d. 20 Nov. 1877, MGC; Mary B. b. Apr. 1876; Grace B. Gordon b.(3 Feb. 1883?)Feb. 1879, Argos, IN, d. 14 Sept. 1922, Chicago, IL, wife of George B. Moore, bu. Rosehill; Harris S. Nov. 1884; all b. IN.
ma. 2nd age 48, Sept. 1892, Argos, Marshall, IN to Amanda Shedd, Argos, Father, E. F. Rosenburg
Ma. 3rd 20 May 1900, Argos, IN, to Hattie E. Strickland Nethercutt, b. Mar. 1872, d. by 1910, Argos? Parents: Curtis V. Strickland/Mary A. Pembroke, of Mishawaka, IN.
5. Daniel b. 29 Nov. 1844, Seneca, OH, d. 28 Dec. 1915, Hillsdale, Barron, WI, bu. Wayside Cem., Barron, WI, moved to Evegreen Cem., Menomonie, Dunn, WI. Military gravesite still in Wayside.
Ma. 6 (22)Apr. 1871, Marshall, IN, to Martha Lowry, b. 28 Feb. 1849, Marshall, IN, d. 23 Oct. 1922, Menomonie, WI, Bu. Evergreen. Cem.
Children: Arthur, 1871, IN; Lafayette 4 Aug. 1872, IN; Chas. 19 Aug. 1875; Jasper 22 Apr. 1877;
Mable 18 Mar. 1879, 1st b. in WI, and rest, May, Lida, Harry, Ida, Zola, Maggie, Cora, Edna, b. in WI.
Thanks to Mr. Christeson/findagrave.
6. Mars 1846-7; died young, before 1860 census.
7. Temperance b. Sept. 1848, OH, d. by 1930, Argos, IN.; Ma. 13 Sept. 1868, Marshall, IN, to Geo. W. Worthington, b. Sept. 1845, IN, d. by 1920, S. Bend, IN, bu?; s/o Wm. & Matilda Heaten(Eagan) Worthington. Bro. Thomas J. No children.
8. Cynthia E. b. 30 Sept. 1849, Seneca, OH; d. 21 Aug. 1923, Marshall, IN., bu. MGC.
Ma. 4 Apr. 1869, Marshall, IN, to Hugh Pickerel, b. 29 Dec. 1833, Holmes, OH, d. 27 Aug. 1899, bu. MGC, Marshall, IN. Regt. 83 IVI, next to her are Geo. W. & Sarah in MGC Cem., Walnut Tp. Hugh s/o Chasteen & Sarah Pickerl. He prev. ma. Holmes, Oh to Samantha Berry.
1/1, son: Austin W. b. Aug. 1886, IN.
9. Martha C. b. 1851, OH, d. 1874, Marshall, bu. MGC; ma. 14 Aug. 1870, Marshall, IN, to Wm. R. Cooke b. NJ.
Child: Myrta Cooke, b. Dec. 1872, (raised by Temperance); ma. 26 June. 1895, Argos, IN, to Victor E. Neff b. Sept. 1863, IN.
10. Hannah (Martha?) b. ca. Sept. 1854; d. 11 June 1855, age 9 mos. dau. of GW Gordon and H.; bu. Sumption Prairie Cem. with mother, Hannah.
Children by Sarah McIntyre
11. Mary Della b. 1856-7 IN, d. 2 Apr. 1919, Cedar Rapids, IA, bu Linnwood, Cem; ma. 9 July 1879, Marshall, IN, to Austin H. Johnson b. 1850-1, IA, pa/PA , Physician, d. 28 Sep. 1928, Cedar Rapids, IA, bu. Linnwood Cem.
12. Hattie A. 1858-1876 IN, bu. MGC
13. Blanche A. 1860, IN, 1873, bu. MGC, IN;
14. Lida Louise b. 16 Sept. 1864-5, Marshall, IN, d. 5 Feb. 1921, bu. MGC; ma. 25 Oct. 1911, Cedar Rapids, Linn, IA to Thomas Singleton, 5 Mar. 1859, Summerville, MASS, d. 3 Mar. 1913. son of Thomas Singleton & Sarah A. Thorpe.
15. Viola Evelina b. Oct. 1868-9 IN, d. 1924, Linn, IA, bu. Linnwood Cem., Cedar Rapids, Linn, IA; ma. 18 Jan. 1899, Cedar Rapids, Linn, IA, to Mitchell John Whitfield b. May 1856, Leeds, England, d. 1932, bu. Linnwood Cem.
Child: Esther Louise b. Oct. 1899, d ? ma. James H. Yuill.
Notify Administrator about this message?
|Home | Help | About Us | Site Index | Jobs | PRIVACY | Affiliate|
|© 2007 The Generations Network|