Boone County Indiana
Friday, July 8,1921
During the electrical storm here Wednesday night the home of Henry Baringer on North Darlington Street was struck by lightning. Luckily Mr. And Mrs. Baringer and family had gone to Thorntown for a visit or the whole family might have been killed. The lightning had struck the chimney and followed the water pipes in the building.
The smoke from the building was noticed by Mrs. Art Baringer about 8:30 and the alarm was sounded. When the fire was apparatus arrived the bedroom of Mr. And Mrs. Baringer was enveloped in flames but the quick work of the fire fighters and the successful operation of the chemical wagon soon had the blaze under control. The second loud crash perhaps struck the house, as the blaze was discovered soon after that. As the house was closed tightly and the blaze was slow in getting started. The contents of several of the rooms was ruined by the heat and water.
At time of going to press the loss could not be learned, as Mr. Baringer had not returned, but it is estimated that the loss to the building and contents will be near $1,000, which is covered by insurance.
Note from Janet Price; I am posting this story for others I am not related to the subject
Notify Administrator about this message?
|Home | Help | About Us | Site Index | Jobs | PRIVACY | Affiliate|
|© 2007 The Generations Network|