Starting Sept. 30, 2014, Genealogy.com will be making a big change. GenForum message boards, Family Tree Maker homepages, and the most popular articles will be preserved in a read-only format, while several other features will no longer be available, including member subscriptions and the Shop.
 
Learn more


Chat | Daily Search | My GenForum | Community Standards | Terms of Service
Jump to Forum
Home: Regional: U.S. States: Indiana: Allen County

Post FollowupReturn to Message ListingsPrint Message

where some cemeteries can be located.
Posted by: Kristy Capatina (ID *****0792) Date: April 17, 2005 at 12:00:38
  of 911

Yesterday I posted names that i have from many diffrent names feel free and check these cemeteries out and if I can find them and you need me to go do a look up i'll be more then willing but I will do it when the weather is nice.
WAYNE TOWNSHIP
Organized May 31, 1824
ALLEN COUNTY POOR FARM SITE
Located near the intersection of Brooklyn Avenue and Bluffton Road. No longer exists.
BROADWAY CEMETERY
The remains of this old cemetery is now located at or near 1701 Broadway, abutting the General Electric Plant. Early plat maps indicate two cemeteries; (1) The Public Cemetery and (2) the first burial site of Saint Johannes Lutheran Church. History books indicate that many bodies were removed from the Public Site when Lindenwood Cemetery opened. Also known as McCulloch Cemetery.
CATHEDRAL OF THE IMMACULATE CONCEPTION CRYPT
The cornerstone laid June 19, 1859, and dedicated December 8, 1860. The persons who have the right to burial in the Crypt are Bishops of the Fort Wayne-South Bend Diocese.
CATHEDRAL SQUARE CEMETERY
Bounded by Calhoun, Jefferson, Lewis and Clinton Streets. In 1830-31 Father Stephen Badin assisted Catholics of the area in purchasing a large part of what is now known as Cathedral Square. In 1857, Father Benoit laid plans to build a Cathedral. The Cathedral was built over the site of the Miami Indian burial grounds. Richardville, Chief of the Miamis, marker is located here, facing Calhoun Street.
EARLY CATHOLIC BURIAL SITE
Shown on early plat maps as being in the area of Wall and Swinney Streets, near the Saint Mary's River. No longer exists.
EARLY PUBLIC BURIAL SITE
Located where the county jail now stands.
FORT WAYNE MILITARY POST CEMETERY
The actual location of the Fort Wayne Post Cemetery is unknown. Some evidence indicates that it was located near the intersection of Main and Lafayette Streets.
FORT WAYNE JEWISH CEMETERY
See Orthodox Jewish Cemetery
HERTWIG (HARTWIG) CEMETERY
A marker was once located on an alley, off Leith Stret, between Harrison Street and Hoagland Avenue, with the above name. No information could be found regarding this in 1981.
INDIAN BURIAL SITE
No information
LAWTON PLACE
See Little Turtle
LINDENWOOD CEMETERY
Located at 2324 West Main Street. Founded 1859, dedicated 1860. Public. In use.
LITTLE TURTLE SITE
Located at 634 Lawton Place. Burial date 1812. Chief of the Miami Indians. Also known as Lawton Place.
MCCULLOCH CEMETERY
See Broadway Cemetery
MAPLE AVENUE CEMETERY
Located on Maple Avenue, near the Saint Mary's River. Second burial site of Saint John Lutheran. All burials removed.
ORTHODOX JEWISH CEMETERY
Located on the Old Decatur Road, between Paulding and Tillman Roads. Private. Founded 1912. Basically Russian Jews. There is a section of Lindenwood Cemetery that has a Jewish section, basically German Jews.
PHILLEY FAMILY CEMETERY
Located near the intersection of Paulding and Old Decatur Roads. No longer exists, transferred to Lindenwood and Monroeville I.O.O.F. Cemeteries.
PRAIRIE GROVE CEMETERY
Located at 6000 Old Trail Road, near the intersection of the Bluffton Road. Public. Earliest burial August 1834. In use.
SAINT JOHN LUTHERAN CEMETERY
Located 2507 Engle Road. This is the third cemetery of the Saint John Evangelical Congregation. These forty acres were purchased in August 1872, as a result of court action, closing the second cemetery located on Maple Avenue, near the Saint Mary's River


WASHINGTON TOWNSHIP
Organized March 1832
ARCHER, DAVID CEMETERY
Located in Johnny Appleseed Park on the east side of Parnell Avenue, just south of the Allen County Memorial Coliseum. Early settler cemetery includes John Chapman "Johnny Appleseed", burial site.
BETHAL (WALLEN) CEMETERY
Located at Bethel and Till Roads. Public. Not in use except in rare cases. Earliest date 1833.
COLDWATER LUTHERAN CEMETERY
See Saint Paul Lutheran Cemetery
HATFIELD CEMETERY
Located at 2700 West Washington Center Road, next to, and in front of, the trailer court. Earliest date possibly as early as 1816. In use.
LUDWIG CEMETERY
See Saint Paul Lutheran Cemetery
SACRED HEART CEMETERY
Located at Auburn and Wallen Roads. Early French settlers. Two sites; No. 1 is the old church, no longer used, and the old cemetery used in rare cases. Cholera epidemic in 1854, common grave for many in this cemetery. No. 2 is the new church and cemetery, located on the south side of Wallen Road, in us approximately 1950. Also known as Saint Vincent Roman Catholic Cemetery
.
SAINT PAUL LUTHERAN CEMETERY
Located between Coldwater Road and I-69, at the interchange. Earliest date 1858. Not in use. Also known as Coldwater Lutheran Cemetery and Ludwig Cemetery.
SAINT VINCENT ROMAN CATHOLIC CEMETERY
See Sacred Heart Cemetery
SUBURBAN BETHLEHAM LUTHERAN CEMETERY
Located at the northeast corner of West California and Flaugh Roads. German settlers. In use. Earliest date possibly as early as 1870 or 1877.
WALLEN BETHEL CEMETERY
See Bethel (Wallen) Cemetery
WATERS FAMILY CEMETERY
Located on the north side of the west end of Effie Drive. Private. Earliest date December 27, 1850. Not in use



SPRINGFIELD TOWNSHIP
Organized September 1837
AMISH CEMETERY
Located on the east side of the Roth Road, .1 mile south of the Antwerp Road. "It is against the religious beliefs of this congregation to place permanent stone markers at the grave sites, hence no stone inscriptions." Earliest date 1871. In use.
HARLAN MEMORIAL CEMETERY - NEW
Located .2 miles south of State Road 37 (Maysville Road) on the east side of the Roberts Road, on the southwest edge of Harlan. Earliest date November 4, 1838. Some burials were moved here from the old cemetery. Also known as Maysville Memorial Cemetery.
HARLAN CEMETERY - OLD
Located on the south side of State Road 37 (Maysville Road), on the east end of Harlan, across from Repp Road. Earliest date 1841. Also known as Old Maysville Cemetery.
MAYSVILLE MEMORIAL
See Harlan Memorial Cemetery
SALEM EVANGELICAL LUTHERAN CEMETERY
Located on the southeast corner of the Spencerville and Springfield Center Roads. Earliest date September 11, 1845. Also known as Springfield Center Cemetery.
SPRINGFIELD CENTER CEMETERY
See Salem Evangelical Lutheran Cemetery
WALNUT RIDGE LUTHERAN CEMETERY
Located on the southeast corner where Springfield Center Road crossed State Road 37 (Maysville Road), a triangle section of land. No stones remain.

SCIPIO TOWNSHIP
Organized September 1843
SCIPIO CEMETERY
Located on the south side of State Road 37 ( Maysville Road), about .7 miles east of the Scipio Road, behind the Scipio United Methodist Church. Earliest date February 14, 1840. In use.
SHELL (SCHELL) CEMETERY
Located .1 mile south of State Road 37 (Maysville Road) on the west side of the Allen Road, on a small hill. Earliest date June 2, 1842. Not in use. Also known as Shull Cemetery and Sowers Cemetery.


SAINT JOSEPH TOWNSHIP
Organized 1828
BOWERS CEMETERY
Located on the northeast corner of Stellhorn and Wheelock Roads. Earliest burial December 9, 1830. In use.
BULLERMAN CEMETERY
See Kukuck Cemetery
CONCORDIA LUTHERAN CEMETERY - NEW
Located on Lake Avenue, east of Reed Road. Early 1960's. In use. See Adams Township.
CROSIER CEMETERY
Located on the Wallen Road, east of the Old Auburn Road, on the west side of the building. Private; Catholic priests and brothers. Earliest date 1942. In use.
FORT WAYNE STATE HOSPITAL & TRAINING CENTER CEMETERY
Located west side of the St. Joe Road, between Broyles and Canterbury Boulevards. One large stone only, dated from Jul 1901 to May 1967. Also know as Indiana Feeble-minded School Cemetery.
GOEGLEIN CEMETERY
See Saint Peter Lutheran Cemetery
HIGHLAND PARK CEMETERY
Located 2403 East Wallen Road. Public. Records available at the cemetery office.
INDIANA FEEBLE-MINDED SCHOOL CEMETERY
See Fort Wayne State Hospital and Training Center Cemetery
KLINGER CEMETERY
Located on the Saint Joseph River, near the 13th hole of the Riverbend Golf Course at 7207 Saint Joe Road. Earliest burial about 1834. According to old Plat Records in the Allen County Court House, there was a treaty between the United States and the Indians called "The Treaty of the Wabash" in 1826, giving certain lands to the Indians. The present-say golf course is on the before-mentioned land. Also know as Riverbend Cemetery.
KUKUCK CEMETERY
Located between the Reed Road and Maplecrest, off Trier and Stellhorn Roads. Cemetery was on the Bullerman farm. Removed to Saint Peter Lutheran (Goeglien) Cemetery. Also known as Bullerman and Saint Stephen's Cemetery.
PARKER CEMETERY
Located on the southeast corner of the Saint Joe and Saint Joe Center Roads. In 1846, Peter and Elizabeth Parker donated two acres for a township cemetery. Earliest date March 13, 1850. In use.
PIERRE SETTLEMENT CEMETERY
Located on the south side of the Saint Joe Center Road, east of Hazelet Road. Early French settlers. Earliest date 1871. Not in use. (Acadamie, a woman's training school was located on the present-day Wallen Road. Prior to the establishment of Acadamie - Saint Vincent, name of the early settlers attended services here and were buried here. See Washington Township, Sacred Heart (Saint Vincent Cemetery). Also known as Saint Michael's Roman Catholic Cemetery.
RIVERBEND CEMETERY
See Klinger Cemetery
SAINT MICHAEL'S ROMAN CATHOLIC CEMETERY
See Pierre Settlement Cemetery
SAINT PETER LUTHERAN CEMETERY - NEW
Located on the north side of State Street, at the junction of Maysville Road, between Lahmeyer and Goeglien Roads. In use. Earliest date 1905. Also known as Goeglein Cemetery.
SAINT PETER LUTHERAN CEMETERY - OLD
Located on the south side of State Street, west of the church. Earliest date 1840. Early German settlers.
SAINT STEPHEN'S CEMETERY
See Kukuck Cemetery
TILBURY FAMILY CEMETERY
See Adams Township

PLEASANT TOWNSHIP
Organized June 1842
BRENTON CHAPEL CEMETERY
Located on the east side of the Coverdale Road, .2 mile north of the Ferguson Road. Methodist. Earliest date October 2, 1851. Not in use. Also known as Coverdale Cemetery and Robinson Cemetery.
COVERDALE CEMETERY
See Brenton Chapel Cemetery
FIVE POINTS CEMETERY
See Nine Mile Methodist Cemetery
LINDLAG FAMILY CEMETERY
Located on the Maples Road, about mile west of Anthony Boulevard South. Earliest date 1851. Not in use.
MAPLE LAWN CEMETERY
See Nine Mile Methodist Cemetery
NINE MILE METHODIST CEMETERY
Located at Winters and Buskirk Roads. Earliest date October 10, 1856. Also know as Five Points, Maple Lawn, and United Brethren Cemetery.
ROBINSON CEMETERY
See Brenton Chapel Cemetery
SAINT ALOYSIUS ROMAN CATHOLIC CEMETERY
Located on State Road 1, about mile south of the Pleasant Center Road. Earliest date 1855. Still in use.
SAINT MARK'S LUTHERAN CEMETERY - NEW
Located on the Thiele Road, mile south of the Yoder Road. Earliest date 1870. In use.
SAINT MARK'S LUTHERAN CEMETERY - OLD
Located on the Thiel Road, between Hamilton and Pleasant Center Roads. Earliest date 1858. Abandoned.
UNITED BRETHREN CEMETERY
See Nine Mile Methodist Cemetery

PERRY TOWNSHIP
Organized September 1835
ALLEN COUNTY HEALTH CENTER
Located on a lane off Carroll Road, behind the County Home. No markers. Also known as County Home Cemetery.
COUNTY HOME CEMETERY
See Allen County Health Center.
DUTCH RIDGE CEMETERY
Located on the corner of the Old Auburn Road and Chapman Road. Earliest date November 15, 1865. Not in use.
HUNTERTOWN CEMETERY - NEW
Located on the Cedar Canyon Road at Dunton Road. .7 miles east of State Road 3.
HUNTERTOWN CEMETERY - OLD
Located on the Cedar Canyon Road at Dunton Road. .7 miles east of State Road 3. Earliest date February 11, 1812.
ROBINSON CHAPEL CEMETERY
Located on the Union Chapel Road, near Tonkel Road. Earliest date August 3, 1848.
UNION CHAPEL CEMETERY
Located on the Union Chapel Road, near the Coldwater Road. Earliest date November 10, 1848. United Brethren Church.


MONROE TOWNSHIP
Organized March 1841
BROWN CHAPEL CEMETERY
Located on Whittern Road, mile north of the Barkley Road. Earliest date 1849. Abandoned. Also known as the Brown Family Cemetery.
FLAT ROCK EVANGELICAL LUTHERAN CEMETERY
Located on the west side of Morgan Road, between Hoagland and Rider Roads. Formerly in the Massillon Evangelical Lutheran Synod. The church book can be found at St. Mark Lutheran Church, Monroeville, IN. Earliest date June 3, 1833. Well maintained. Not is use.
I.O.O.F. CEMETERY, MONROEVILLE, INDIANA INC.
Located on the south edge of Monroeville, on State Road 101, near the intersection of the Flat Rock Road. Incorporated September 29, 1887. Earliest date 1860. Well maintained. Still in use, with new sections being developed. Also known as Odd Fellow Cemetery and Monroeville Memorial Cemetery, Inc.
MASONIC A & FM CEMETERY
Located on the north side of and at the end of McDonald Street, off State Road 101. Earliest date September 8, 1858. Not in use. Several have been removed to Monroeville I.O.O.F Cemetery.
MONROEVILLE MEMORIAL CEMETERY, INC.
See I.O.O.F. Cemetery, Monroeville, IN
ODD FELLOW CEMETERY
See I.O.O.F. Cemetery, Monroeville, IN
OLD METHODIST CEMETERY
Located on State Road 101, at North Street. Earliest date February 2, 1860. Not in use. Well maintained. No records.
SAINT ROSE de LIMA ROMAN CATHOLIC CEMETERY
Located near the south end of Monroeville, off State Road 101, on McDonald Street. Earliest date December 3, 1871. In use. No burial records.
SCHLEMMER FAMILY CEMETERY
Located on the northeast corner of the Hoagland and Lortie Roads. Earliest date 1843. Not in use. No burial records. Also known as Slemmer Family Cemetery.
SLEMMER FAMILY CEMETERY
See Schlemmer Family Cemetery
STEPHENSON FAMILY CEMETERY
Located on old U.S. 30, at Summer Road. Earliest date May 28, 1855. In use. No burial records. Also known as the Sugar Grove Cemetery and the Sugar Ridge Cemetery.
SUGAR GROVE CEMETERY
See Stephenson Family Cemetery
SUGAR RIDGE CEMETERY
See Stephenson Family Cemetery
WHITTERN FAMILY CEMETERY
Was formerly located in the "orchard, beside the brick house" on the farm. Now McArdle and Washington Streets in Monroeville.
STONE FRAGMENTS ON THE FARM OF HENRY KNEFELKAMP
Anne, wife of G. T. Edwards died 18 March 1858, aged 26 years, 1 month, 3 days. Maria, wife of G. T. Edwards died 18 August, 1847


MILAN TOWNSHIP
Organized March 1838
BARNETT CHAPEL CEMETERY
Located on the northwest corner of State Road 37 (Maysville Road) and Barnett Road. Lutheran. Earliest date 1875.
GAR CREEK UNION CEMETERY
Located on the Gar Creek Road, .3 mil east of the Berthaud Road. Private. Earliest date December 23, 1884.
IRVING FAMILY CEMETERY
Located on the south bank of the Maumee River, north of the B.F. Goodrich Tire Plant, on U.S. 24, on Goodrich land. Earliest date 1847.
PLATTER FAMILY CEMETERY
Located .2 miles south of the Platter Bridge, on the northeast bank of the Maumee River. One stone: 1852.
SAINT PAUL'S LUTHERAN CEMETERY AT GAR CREEK
Located next to the church on Berthaud Road, about .2 mile south of Bremer Road. Earliest date 1884.
SCHWARTZ FAMILY CEMETERY
Located on the north side of Irving Road, .1 mile east of the Bruick Road. Amish. No markers

MAUMEE TOWNSHIP
Organized March 1836
CHRIST LUTHERAN CEMETERY
Located on State Road 101 (Fahising Road), .7 mile north of Main Street in Woodburn, where the church is located. Earliest date on stone, 1905. In use. Also known as Woodburn German Lutheran Cemetery.
DIEHL CEMETERY
Located east of the golf course, on the south side of River Road, just west of the Ohio state line. Earliest date June 19, 1840.
MISSIONARY CEMETERY
See Woodburn Mennonite Cemetery.
SAYLOR CEMETERY
Located on the Scipio Road, .2 mile north of U.S. 24 and the old Wabash-Erie Canal. Earliest date 1861. Not in use.
WOODBURN GERMAN LUTHERAN CEMETERY
See Christ Lutheran Cemetery
WOODBURN MENNONITE CEMETERY
Located on the south bank of the Maumee River, on the north side of U.S. 24, .2 mile west of the Bull Rapids Road. Earliest date March 31, 1905. In use. Also known as Missionary Cemetery.
ZION LUTHERAN CEMETERY AT BULL RAPIDS
Located just east of the church, along the north bank of the Maumee River, on the Bull Rapids Road. Earliest date 1840. Many in German.


MARION TOWNSHIP
Organized August 1835
ANTIOCH LUTHERAN CEMETERY
Located on the Hoagland Road, between Brunson and Minnick Roads, or mile west of Hoagland. Earliest date September 21 1852. In use.
BETHEL BAPTIST CEMETERY
Located on the Winchester Road, approximately mile north of the Marion Center Road. Earliest date November 6, 1836. Not in use.
COLEMAN FAMILY CEMETERY
Located on the west side of Marion Center Road, mile north of the Thompson Road. Earliest date 1852.
EMMANUEL LUTHERAN CEMETERY
Located at 9909 Wayne Trace at Emmanuel Road. Earliest date 1863. In use. Church and cemetery. Also know as Soest Emmanuel Cemetery.
HALL CEMETERY
Located on the Emmanuel Road mile north of the Hoagland Road. Plowed field on the Oscar Werling farm. Stones missing. No longer exists.
HESSEN CASSEL ROMAN CATHOLIC CEMETERY
See Saint Joseph Roman Catholic Cemetery
HITZEMAN LUTHERAN SETTLEMENT
Located at the Minnick Road, just north of the Adams County line. (Fore-runner of Saint John's of Adams County). Burials were removed to Saint John, Bingen. Adams Co.
HOLT FAMILY CEMETERY
See Antioch Lutheran Cemetery
MORTON FAMILY CEMETERY
Located along the east bank of the Saint Mary River, off the Marion Center Road. Earliest date April 1826.
POE CEMETERY
Located on the east side of Winchester Road, on the south edge of Poe. Earliest date May 13, 1836. In use. Also known as Williamsport Cemetery.
SAINT JOHN'S EVANGELICAL LUTHERAN CEMETERY
Located on the south side of Wayne Trace, mile west of Soest Emmanuel. Earliest date 1833. Not in use.
SAINT JOSEPH ROMAN CATHOLIC CEMETERY
Located on old U.S. 27 south, between Thompson and Benzinger Roads, near Bostick. Earliest date 1848. In use. Also known as Hessen Cassel Roman Catholic Cemetery.
SAINT PAUL EVANGELICAL LUTHERAN CEMETERY
Located on the south side of Thompson Road, between Trentman and Marion Center Roads, about 500' off the road. Earliest date 1844. Abandoned.
SOEST EMMANUEL LUTHERAN CEMETERY
See Emmanuel Lutheran Cemetery
THOMPSON FAMILY CEMETERY
Located on the north side of Thompson Road, mile east of U.S. 27, about 500' off the road. Earliest date 1834. Not in use.
WILLIAMSPORT CEMETERY
See Poe Cemetery


MADISON TOWNSHIP
Organized 1840
FRY GERMAN LUTHERAN CEMETERY
See Saint John's Lutheran Cemetery, Flat Rock
GERMAN LUTHERAN CEMETERY
See Saint John's Lutheran Cemetery, Flat Rock
MARQUARDT LUTHERAN CEMETERY
Located on the southwest corner of Huffman and Grotrian Roads. Earliest date January 26, 1882. No longer used, except in rare cases, but is well maintained.
MASSILLION EVANGELICAL LUTHERAN CEMETERY
Located on the Barkley Road, between Massillon and Clayton Roads. Earliest date January 13, 1856. Is maintained. Some of the markers are flat on the ground, some are missing, and many are difficult to read. No recent burials. The congregation disbanded in 1925 with members going to Marquardt, Saint Mark, Saint John and elsewhere.
PLEASANT VALLEY CEMETERY
Located on the north side of Adair Road, between Emenhiser and Houck Roads. Baptist. Earliest date February 20, 1863. Abandoned.
SAINT JOHN'S LUTHERAN FLAT ROCK CEMETERY
Located on the Franke Road, between Flat Rock and Figel Roads. Earliest date 1852. Well maintained and in use. Also known as Fry German Lutheran Cemetery and German Lutheran Cemetery.


MADISON TOWNSHIP
Organized 1840
FRY GERMAN LUTHERAN CEMETERY
See Saint John's Lutheran Cemetery, Flat Rock
GERMAN LUTHERAN CEMETERY
See Saint John's Lutheran Cemetery, Flat Rock
MARQUARDT LUTHERAN CEMETERY
Located on the southwest corner of Huffman and Grotrian Roads. Earliest date January 26, 1882. No longer used, except in rare cases, but is well maintained.
MASSILLION EVANGELICAL LUTHERAN CEMETERY
Located on the Barkley Road, between Massillon and Clayton Roads. Earliest date January 13, 1856. Is maintained. Some of the markers are flat on the ground, some are missing, and many are difficult to read. No recent burials. The congregation disbanded in 1925 with members going to Marquardt, Saint Mark, Saint John and elsewhere.
PLEASANT VALLEY CEMETERY
Located on the north side of Adair Road, between Emenhiser and Houck Roads. Baptist. Earliest date February 20, 1863. Abandoned.
SAINT JOHN'S LUTHERAN FLAT ROCK CEMETERY
Located on the Franke Road, between Flat Rock and Figel Roads. Earliest date 1852. Well maintained and in use. Also known as Fry German Lutheran Cemetery and German Lutheran Cemetery.

LAFAYETTE TOWNSHIP
Organized 1846
ALBRIGHT CEMETERY
Located at the intersection of Winters, Coverdale and Indianapolis Roads, at Nine Mile. German Evangelical Church members were sometimes called German Methodists or Albrights. The persons in this cemetery more than likely belonged to this sect. Earliest date 1855. Not in use.
BRANSTRATOR FAMILY CEMETERY
This cemetery sometimes appears on this township map, even though it belongs to Aboite Township.
FOGWELL CEMETERY
Located on the west side of Coverdale Road, .4 mile north of Ferguson Road. Earliest date March 21, 1847. Not in use.
INDIAN BURIAL GROUND
Located on the north side of Lower Huntington Road, just east of the intersection of Lafayette Center Road. No markers.
KELSEY FAMILY CEMETERY
Located on the Aboite Road, between Hamilton and Yoder Roads. Cannot be seen from the road, stones are found on the east side of the road, back in woods, before you cross the creek. Earliest date 1847. Not in use.
ROLLER CEMETERY
Located in Nine Mile, on the north side of Winters Road, .1 mile west of the Indianapolis Road. Earliest date 1868. Not in use. Also known as Voltz Cemetery.

JEFFERSON TOWNSHIP
Organized 1840
DOYLE CEMETERY
Located on the north side of U.S. 30, east of the Doyle Road. No longer exists and records have disappeared.
EMMANUEL LUTHERAN CEMETERY
Located on the north side of Edgerton Road, between Linden and Doyle Roads. In use. Earliest date 1853-1855
MAPLES CEMETERY
Located in middle of field, south of Maples, on east side of Franke Road. Earliest date September 11, 1861. Some removed to Wiltsy Cemetery, Antwerp, Ohio. Records no longer exist. Abandoned.
SAINT LOUIS BESANCON ROMAN CATHOLIC CEMETERY - NEW
Located on old U.S. 30, near the Berthaud Road, about mile west of the church. Earliest date approximately 1930. In use.
SAINT LOUIS BESANCON ROMAN CATHOLIC CEMETERY - OLD
Located on old U.S. 30, near the Berthaud Road, adjacent to the church. The church has been extended over part of the cemetery. Early French and German settlers. Also known as "New France".
WHITNEY FAMILY BURIAL
Located on the south side of Edgerton Road, between Linden and Doyle Roads. Earliest date 1838. Records destroyed by fire.
(Name Unknown) CEMETERY
Located near Snyder and Paulding Roads. Early settlers. This cemetery was described in a farm deed. No longer exists. No markers remain.

JACKSON TOWNSHIP
Organized June 1851
There are no known cemeteries or burial sites in the township.

EEL RIVER TOWNSHIP
Organized April 1834
EEL RIVER CEMETERY
Located on the northeast corner of Carroll and Madden Roads, near U.S. 33. Earliest date 1840. In use. Early records destroyed.
FAIRVIEW CEMETERY
Located on the south side of Shoaff Road, .8 mile west of old State Road 3, west of Huntertown. Earliest date August 7, 1847. In use. Also known as Warcup Cemetery.
JOHNSTON (JONSTON) CEMETERY
See Watterson Cemetery
RIVERVIEW CEMETERY
Located on the northwest corner of Carroll and Madden Roads, near U.S. 33. Earliest date 1910. In use.
WATTERSON CEMETERY
Located on the northwest corner of Taylor and Aetna Roads. Methodist. Earliest date 1835. Records no longer exist. Also known as Johnston Cemetery and Wesley Chapel Cemetery.
WESLEY CHAPEL CEMETERY
See Watterson Cemetery


CEDAR CREEK TOWNSHIP
Organized 1837
CEDARVILLE CEMETERY
Located at Ewing Street at Gerig Road, north end of Cedarville. No longer exists.
LEO MEMORIAL CEMETERY - NEW
Located on west side of Leo Road, south of Grabill Road. In use.
LEO CEMETERY - OLD
Located on the east side of Leo Road, south of Grabill Road. Earliest date about 1844.
NOTESTINE FAMILY CEMETERY
Located on the west side of Saint Joe Road, .1mile north of Notestine Road. Earliest date March 28, 1831. Not in use.
RHODES FAMILY CEMETERY
Located on the east bank of the Saint Joseph River, 0.2 mile south of the Wheelock Road. Two stones: 1857, 1861.
SAINT LEO ROMAN CATHOLIC CEMETERY
Located on the west side of Amstutz Road, south of Hosler Road. Earliest date October 15, 1848. No longer used.
SCHLATTER CEMETERY
Located on the northeast corner of Schlatter and Painter Roads. Earliest date 1854. In use.
SWARTZ CEMETERY
Removed to the back part of Leo Memorial Park Cemetery. Earliest date October 30, 1873.
VIBERG CHAPEL CEMETERY
Located at the corner of Viberg and Schlatter Roads. Earliest date December 27, 1833. Abandoned.
YAGGY CEMETERY
Located on the northwest corner of Antwerp and Page roads. Earliest date May 24, 1833. In use.

ADAMS TOWNSHIP
Organized January 1826, reduced to present size May 1830
ADAMS FAMILY CEMETERY
In August 1981, at an excavation site on the Parrott Road, about two miles west of New Haven, workers excavating for a sewer project, found a graveyard that had not been used for more than 100 years. An early Allen County history book referred to the graveyard as the Adams Cemetery. It was in a deed dated Oct. 1, 1852. Records indicate the first burial occurred in 1825, the daughter of Squire Jesse Adams on the Adams farm. In 1875, some of the graves were exhumed and re-entombed in the IOOF Cemetery on the Hartzell Road.
ADAMS TOWNSHIP CEMETERY
Located near the railroad tracks, west of Estella Ave., south of Old Maumee Road. Burial date September 10, 1861. Abandoned.
CATHOLIC CEMETERY
Located at 3500 Lake Ave. Fort Wayne, IN. Years ago, the original Catholic Cemetery was on Cathedral Square. There arose a need for a larger cemetery. The next cemetery was located on Swinney Ave. After only 29 years the need arose for another larger location. In 1872, Bishop Dwenger purchased 120 acres, one mile outside the city limits of Fort Wayne. The bodies have been removed from the other twp cemeteries into the present location. The cemetery was then opened for interments in 1873.
CONCORDIA LUTHERAN CEMETERY - NEW
Located at 5372 Lake Ave. Earliest date April 1, 1960. In use. Records available at the cemetery office.
CONCORDIA LUTHERAN CEMETERY - OLD
Located at 1146 Grant Ave. Started by St. Pauls Lutheran Congregation. Earliest date 1834, possibly moved from another location, when this cemetery opened up for interments in 1850. In use. Records available at the cemetery office at 5372 Lake Ave.
CONNORS FAMILY CEMETERY
Located on the side of Lake Ave. near the intersection of North River Road. No longer exists, no records.
GERMAN EVANGELICAL LUTHERAN, OHIO SYNOD CEMETERY
Located on the northwest corner of Hartzell and Paulding Roads. Earliest date June 30, 1866. No longer exists, no records.
INDEPENDENT ORDER OF ODD FELLOWS (IOOF) CEMETERY
Located on the Hartzell Road, south of U.S. 30, on the west side of New Haven. Public. Earliest date July 8, 1834. Many of its present occupants were removed from the older cemeteries of the township. In use.
KOEHLINGER FAMILY CEMETERY
Located on the southeast corner of U.S. 30 and Green Road. No longer exists.
MARTINI LUTHERAN CEMETERY
Located on the south side of Moeller Road, near the intersection of Meyer Road. Early German settlers. Established 1853. In use.
ST. JOHN'S CATHOLIC CEMETERY
Located on the north side of U.S. 24, east of New Haven, near the city limits. Early French and some German settlers. In use.
TILBURY FAMILY CEMETERY
Located on the south side of Lake Ave., just east of Reed Road intersection. Earliest date 1852. No records.
TRIER FAMILY CEMETERY
Located on the east side of Hessen Cassel Road, between Hoevel Road and Paulding Road. Earliest date April 24, 1842. No longer exists, no records.
TRINITY EVANGELICAL LUTHERAN CEMETERY
Located south of Tillman Road, on the east side of Old Decatur Road. Earliest date January 4, 1864. Early German settlers. In use

ABOITE TOWNSHIP
Organized May 1836
BRANSTRATOR FAMILY CEMETERY
Located on the south side of Lower Huntington Road, .2 mile east of Branstrator Road. Earliest date March 17. 1837. Abandoned.
BULLARD FAMILY CEMETERY
Located on the east side of U.S. 24 south, at Aboite Center Road. Earliest date November 10, 1841. Not in use. Also known as Oak Grove Cemetery.
COVINGTON MEMORIAL GARDENS, INC.
Located at 8326 Covington Road. Public. Earliest date February 1953. Records available at the cemetery office.
GREENLAWN MEMORIAL PARK
Located at 6600 Covington Road. Public. Earliest date 1932. Records available at the cemetery office.
HAMILTON FAMILY CEMETERY
Located on the Aboite Center Road. "The family cemetery was transferred to Lindenwood Cemetery from the family farm, March 12, 1895," according to the Klaehn Mortuary record. Earliest date 1867.
OAK GROVE CEMETERY
See Bullard Family Cemetery
TURNER FAMILY CEMETERY
Mr. Turner's settlement was known as the Maryland Settlement. Earliest date 1834. This burial ground is now under the Bittersweet Moors housing development. No stones remain.
UNION CHAPEL CEMETERY
Located on the Covington Road, west of Scott Road. Could not locate.
VERMILYEA CEMETERY
Located on Redding Drive and Aboite Road, near U.S. 24 South. Earliest date 1833. No longer exists; transferred to Lindenwood Cemetery.


Notify Administrator about this message?
Followups:

Post FollowupReturn to Message ListingsPrint Message

http://genforum.genealogy.com/in/allen/messages/676.html
Search this forum:

Search all of GenForum:

Proximity matching
Add this forum to My GenForum Link to GenForum
Add Forum
Home |  Help |  About Us |  Site Index |  Jobs |  PRIVACY |  Affiliate
© 2007 The Generations Network