More information on Joseph Schmitt b. 1866 in IL. Could be in Cook Co., at Buffalo Grove, I say could. This was found on his death certificate. So I know it could be wrong. d. 1836. Grafton twp. He is the oldest of five children his parents are
John Schmitt b. 1834 Bavaria d. 1875 Grafton twp, McHenry Co., IL
and Anna Mary Dumeruaf . 1838 Bavaria d. 1902 Grafton twp, McHenry Co., IL
• Joseph b. 1866 Buffalo Grove d. 1836 Grafton m. Ellen "Nellie Malone
• Adam b. 1868 Huntley d. 1956 Denver CO. m. Beatrice Anna Banks
• Andrew b. 1870 Huntley d. 1856 Elgin, Kane Co., m. Rosa Kreutzer
• Michael b. 1871 d. 1966 Pawnee, OK m. 1895 Osborne, KS Franziska Wiegers
• John b. 1872 or 73 Huntley m. Lorah (Sarah) Wagner. This son has been hard to find information on. My mother thought he died sometime when he was in his 30's so that would make it between the 1900 census and 1913 I have not found John on the 1910. But I did find him on the 1900 census. He was still living with his mother. And she mention his birth April 1875. And I have it sometime between 1872-1873.And John's father had died that June 1875.
Just looking at the census last night I found . I came across this family
1920 Grafton Twp. McHenry IL.
Wagner, Theodore age 61
, Clara A. age 65
Smith, Margaret age 7 Border. (Q- Who would board at the age of 7, I think she might be a grand child or a niece)
(Could it be that John Jr. and his wife Sarah/Lorah had died before the 1920 Census
Then I had collected this bit of information last year. And had did nothing with it.
• Note: In the newspaper it mentions his name as John Williams Schmitt married to
Sarah Wagner (Could this be my John Schmitt who married a Wagner) I never knew John's middle name, it would be a Williams or the Letter "C". Look at the next bit of Information)
• Marriage of John C. Schmitt
Sep 3, 1910
Pg 5 Cl 1
Announcement - Marriage
Gail Borden Public Library District
Maybe there is someone who is working on the Wagner line. That could tell me who this Margaret Smith is to Theodore. and Clara A. Wagner. Even if someone could prove that this Margaret Smith, is not related to them.
I wonder if I get any more information about this marriage. That had happen in 1910. He was married after the census was taken. So I would not find him with Sarah / Lorah Wagner.
Has anyone heard of the Schmidt County Road. I believe it cross Woodstock and Crystal Lake Road. I have a ancestor who lived on this road. His name is Joseph Schmidt / Schmitt.
This road was mention on the 1910 census, I did not see it mention on the 1920, 1930 or 1940 census.
I believe Joseph had acquire the land from his mother Anna Mary Schmitt who died in 1902. and his father John Schmitt / Smith had died in 1875. Joseph was the oldest son.
I found a John Smith on the 1872 plat map of Mchenry County. I don't know if this is my Ancestor or some other John Schmitt.
I'm at this dead end of finding John's siblings or even his parents. or where he came from. So I thought trying to find his land, might lead me to other clues.
Notify Administrator about this message?
|Home | Help | About Us | Site Index | Jobs | PRIVACY | Affiliate|
|© 2007 The Generations Network|