States: Illinois: McHenry
The 1968 McHenry County History Book has nearly a several pages which outline the history of this hospital. Briefly, the first hospital in McHenry County was established in 1898 in Harvard by Dr. Colonel M. Johnson. It was called the Cottage Hospital. By 1908, Dr. Johnson moved the hospital into a larger building. In 1925, Dr. C.C. Peck purchased the hospital and it was called Peck's Hospital. Dr. Peck sold it in 1930, and the name was changed to Harvard Community Hospital. There is a Harvard Historical Society, which may be able to provide additional information.