~ LOGUE ~
"Cass County IOWA History"
....."JOHN RICHARD LOGUE and his wife, Tabitha [HALL], came to Iowa from MASON COUNTY, Illinois, in May of 1879. His father, JONATHON [LOGUE], moved here [Cass County, Iowa] with them, along with six children aged three months to 22 years. Four died in infancy.
They came in a covered wagon and settled on a farm south of Cumberland, Iowa, near the town of Reno, in Edna Township.
They were of Irish and Scottish descent.
Their second son, Oliver Debeny Logue, was married in 1893 to Myrtle W. Paup (from Cedar County, Iowa). They lived on a farm in Cass County except for a time in Nebraska, until moving to Cumberland, Iowa in 1930....."
Oliver Debeny Logue and Myrtle Paup had the following seven children:
1) Goldie Logue -- (married Joseph Edwin Porter)
2) Gladys Logue -- (married Charles Byers)
3) Virgil Logue -- (died at age 4)
4) Esther Logue -- (married Ray Engle)
5) Halcian Logue --(married Charles Landon)
6) Helen Logue -- (married George Riggs)
7) Donald Logue -- (married Margery Beaver Martin)
"Oliver D. Logue died in 1934...." [and, is buried in the Newlons Grove Cemetery, in Cass County, Iowa].
[end of excerpt]
Job / Logue GedCom -- compiled by Freida Wells:
Cathy PORTER-Maynard (In Minnesota)...
• Granddaughter of Goldie LOGUE (b. July 26, 1895, Edna Township, Cass Co., IOWA; d. Feb. 1975, NE.); and,
...Joseph Edwin PORTER (b. Dec. 11, 1891, Edna Township, Cass County, IOWA) ; d. June, 1984, NE.)
• Great granddaughter of Oliver Debeny LOGUE, born (Mason Co., ILLINOIS) 1862;
died 1934 (Edna Township, Cass County, IOWA); and
...Myrtle PAUP Logue [Weaver].
• GG granddaughter of John Richard LOGUE b. (TENNESSEE) 1828;
died 1898 (Edna Township, Cass Co., IOWA); and,
...Tabitha HALL b. (ILLINOIS) 1835; died 1907 (Edna, Cass County, IOWA).
• GGG granddaughter of Jonathan M. LOGUE born (KENTUCKY) abt. 1802;
died 1892 (Cass County, IOWA -- buried Newlon's Grove Cemetery); and,
...Isabel ____ b. (TENNESSEE); d. Mason County, ILLINOIS.
• GGGG granddaughter of William Marrs LOGUE, b. abt. 1777 (VIRGINIA);
...and, Hannah JOB / JOBE b. (KENTUCKY).
Notify Administrator about this message?
|Home | Help | About Us | Site Index | Jobs | PRIVACY | Affiliate|
|© 2007 The Generations Network|