I have recently began to research this Doolittle family and am wondering if you have any photographs on any of the Doolittle family that you would be willing to share. This is the information I have so far. (I am putting together a family book for my neices family and have very little on them. Any help would be greatly appreciated)
Descendants of William Doolittle
Generation No. 1
1. WILLIAM1 DOOLITTLE (Source: (1) 1850 United States Federal Census > Illinois > Crawford > Not Stated., (2) Bernita @ http://www.rootsweb.com/~ilcrawfo/queries/query036.html.) was born 1790 in New York, and died Bef. 1860. He married HANNAH I. WILLISON (Source: 1860 United States Federal Census > Illinois > Jasper > Grandville.) Abt. 1810 in New York. She was born 1788 in New York, and died 15 Aug 1864 in Crawford Cty Illinois.
Notes for WILLIAM DOOLITTLE:
Farmer in 1850 with 200 in real estate
William DOOLITTLE & Hannah WILLISON. Varnal, his parents, siblings & his oldest children arrived in Crawford County, IL in about 1848. His siblings were Elvira, Wilson, William & Joseph
More About WILLIAM DOOLITTLE and HANNAH WILLISON:
Marriage: Abt. 1810, New York
Children of WILLIAM DOOLITTLE and HANNAH WILLISON are:
2. i. WILSON M.2 DOOLITTLE, b. 02 Jun 1821, New York; d. 04 Sep 1898, Crawford Cty Illinois.
3. ii. WILLIAM ROCHESTER DOOLITTLE, b. 1824, New York; d. Crawford Cty Illinois.
4. iii. ELVIRA M. DOOLITTLE, b. 22 Mar 1820, New York; d. 16 Nov 1892, Washington County Ohio.
5. iv. VARNAL DOOLITTLE, b. 1814, New York.
6. v. JOSEPH DOOLITTLE, b. Abt. 1827; d. 1847, Hutsonville, Crawford, Illinois.
Generation No. 2
2. WILSON M.2 DOOLITTLE (WILLIAM1) (Source: (1) 1860 United States Federal Census > Illinois > Crawford > Township 8 Range 13., (2) 1870 United States Federal Census > Illinois > Crawford > Licking., (3) 1880 United States Federal Census > Illinois > Crawford > Licking > District 185., (4) 1850 United States Federal Census > Illinois > Crawford > Not Stated., (5) Church of Latter Day Saints file Cheri Logan.) was born 02 Jun 1821 in New York, and died 04 Sep 1898 in Crawford Cty Illinois. He married AMELIA CONRAD 18 Oct 1846, daughter of ANTHONY JR. and NANCY GREGG. She was born 15 Apr 1828 in Utica, Licking, Oh, and died 26 Aug 1902 in Vancover, Clark, Wv.
Notes for WILSON M. DOOLITTLE:
Farmer in 1860 1400 real estate 600 personal property All births listed in Ohio. In 1870 he was a farmer with 2300 real estate and 800 personal property His birth now listed as NY and his wife as Ohio while all children are listed as Illinois. In 1880 he is a farmer, his birth listed NY and his parents as NY. Her parents births are listed as Virginia
The 1850 census records provides information on parentage and siblings.The family all live next to one another and are likely family he was a farmer with 500 in real estate
More About WILSON DOOLITTLE and AMELIA CONRAD:
Marriage: 18 Oct 1846
Children of WILSON DOOLITTLE and AMELIA CONRAD are:
7. i. MALISSA MELVINA3 DOOLITTLE, b. 10 May 1841, Granville Twp, Jasper, Illinois.
ii. WILLIAM DOOLITTLE, b. 1850, Illinois.
iii. ELVERA DOOLITTLE, b. 1855, llinois.
iv. JAMES DOOLITTLE, b. 1857, llinois.
v. LORENA/IDA DOOLITTLE, b. 1859, llinois.
vi. NETTIE DOOLITTLE, b. 1865, llinois.
vii. GEORGE WASHINGTON DOOLITTLE, b. 06 Oct 1868, llinois; d. 26 Jul 1889.
viii. CHARLES DOOLITTLE, b. 1872, llinois.
3. WILLIAM ROCHESTER2 DOOLITTLE (WILLIAM1) (Source: 1850 United States Federal Census > Illinois > Crawford > Not Stated.) was born 1824 in New York, and died in Crawford Cty Illinois. He married FIDELIA ELECTA WARD 27 Nov 1849 in Crawford County Illinois, daughter of JONAS WARD and ELIZABETH DEWESE. She was born 1831 in Licking, Ohio.
Notes for WILLIAM ROCHESTER DOOLITTLE:
farmer in 1850 with 1000 real estate
More About WILLIAM DOOLITTLE and FIDELIA WARD:
Marriage: 27 Nov 1849, Crawford County Illinois
Child of WILLIAM DOOLITTLE and FIDELIA WARD is:
i. HARRIETT LILLIAN3 DOOLITTLE, b. 12 Jan 1853, Bellair, Crawford, Illinois; d. 1944, Rolfe, Pocahontas, Iowa.
4. ELVIRA M.2 DOOLITTLE (WILLIAM1) (Source: Church of Latter Day Saints file Cheri Logan.) was born 22 Mar 1820 in New York, and died 16 Nov 1892 in Washington County Ohio. She married TARTUS MANCHESTER WARD 14 Mar 1839 in Licking, Ohio, son of JONAS WARD and ELIZABETH DEWESE. He was born 31 Jul 1815 in Licking, Ohio, and died 05 Sep 1897.
More About TARTUS WARD and ELVIRA DOOLITTLE:
Marriage: 14 Mar 1839, Licking, Ohio
Children of ELVIRA DOOLITTLE and TARTUS WARD are:
i. ELIAS3 P.WARD, b. 1843, Ohio.
ii. JOSIAH WARD, b. 1848, Illinois.
iii. EMILY WARD, b. 1853, Illinois.
5. VARNAL2 DOOLITTLE (WILLIAM1) (Source: 1850 United States Federal Census > Illinois > Crawford > Not Stated.) was born 1814 in New York. He married MARGARET. She was born 1816 in Pa.
Notes for VARNAL DOOLITTLE:
Seeking information on Varnal DOOLITTLE born 1814 in NY to William DOOLITTLE & Hannah WILLISON. Varnal, his parents, siblings & his oldest children arrived in Crawford County, IL in about 1848. His siblings were Elvira, Wilson, William & Joseph. We are especially interested in his three or four wives as we don't know from which wife we descend. Possible names of his wives are Hannah SPRINGER, Ann LAMB, Elvira LEWIS & Ann (unknown). His childrens names were Lutellus, Lewis, Alvira, Almon, Wilson Shannon, Milan and Alva. We think Varnal died between 1873 and 1880 in Crawford County
Children of VARNAL DOOLITTLE and MARGARET are:
8. i. ALMON3 DOOLITTLE, b. 1844, Ohio.
ii. LEWIS DOOLITTLE, b. 1840, Ohio.
iii. ALVIRA DOOLITTLE, b. 1842, Ohio.
iv. ALBERT DOOLITTLE, b. 1848, Ohio.
v. SUTELLUS DOOLITTLE, b. 1838, Ohio.
6. JOSEPH2 DOOLITTLE (WILLIAM1) was born Abt. 1827, and died 1847 in Hutsonville, Crawford, Illinois. He married SUSAN PAAR. She was born 1832.
Notes for SUSAN PAAR:
In 1880 Edward, Rosa and William are living with their sister Nina and her husband.
Children of JOSEPH DOOLITTLE and SUSAN PAAR are:
i. WILLIAM3 DOOLITTLE, b. Abt. 1849, Illinois; m. MARTHA FRANCES MCDANIEL, 30 Apr 1881.
Notes for WILLIAM DOOLITTLE:
DeWitt County, IL 1900
More About WILLIAM DOOLITTLE and MARTHA MCDANIEL:
Marriage: 30 Apr 1881
ii. LAVINA NINA DOOLITTLE, b. 1851, Hutsonville Twp, Crawford, Illinois; d. Hutsonville Twp, Crawford, Illinois; m. CLINTON EVANS; b. 1852.
iii. ROSETTA DOOLITTLE, b. 1857, Elkton, , Crawford, Illinois; m. ? PULP/SULP.
iv. EDWARD DOOLITTLE, b. 1866.
Generation No. 3
7. MALISSA MELVINA3 DOOLITTLE (WILSON M.2, WILLIAM1) was born 10 May 1841 in Granville Twp, Jasper, Illinois. She married HARRISON HENRY POASTLEWEIGHT (Source: (1) 1880 Grandville Jasper County Illinois Census., (2) 1860 Township 8 Range 14, Crawford, IL., (3) 1850 Crawford Illinois., (4) 1920 Robinson Crawford County Illinois., (5) 1900 Grandville Jasper County Illinois., (6) 1870 United States Federal Census > Illinois > Jasper > Granville.) 17 Jan 1867 in Crawford County Illinois, son of ISAAC POASTLEWEIGHT and LUCY LOTT. He was born Oct 1844 in Illinois, and died Aft. 1920.
Notes for HARRISON HENRY POASTLEWEIGHT:
Farmer in 1880 retired farmer in 1920 Farmer in 1900 both parents birth listed as Virginia
BENTON, THOMAS K., farmer and fine sheepraiser, Bennington township. Born in Quincy, Illinois, in 1847 ; came to this county in 187 5; married Miss Helena Postlewait, daughter of George Postlewait, in March, 1875. Mrs. Benton was born in 1846, in this county. Her father, George Postlewait, was born in Monongehala county, Virginia, in 1804; came to this county in 1845. He married Miss Betsey Kerr of this county. She was born in Muskingum county, Ohio, in 1808. She died in 1859. They were the parents of four children. Mr. Benton is the owner and breeder of fine sheep. He has twelve registered, and some as fine grades as can be seen in the county.
Perhaps a brother
More About HARRISON POASTLEWEIGHT and MALISSA DOOLITTLE:
Marriage: 17 Jan 1867, Crawford County Illinois
Children of MALISSA DOOLITTLE and HARRISON POASTLEWEIGHT are:
9. i. JOHN POSTLEWAIT/POSTALWEIGHT/4 POOTLEWIT, b. 25 Oct 1876, Illinois; d. 05 Nov 1959.
ii. DE ETTIE POOTLEWIT, b. 17 Jul 1868, Licking Twp, Crawford, Illinois; d. 30 Apr 1946.
iii. DAVID POOTLEWIT, b. 11 Oct 1878, Grandville Twp, Jasper Cty. Illinois; d. 21 Dec 1943.
iv. NORA POOTLEWIT, b. Sep 1883, Illinois; d. 1944.
v. WILLIAM POOTLEWIT, b. Apr 1882.
vi. MARY POOTLEWIT, b. 06 Oct 1887; d. 06 Oct 1908.
vii. HARLAN POOTLEWIT, b. 12 Dec 1883; d. 11 May 1969.
8. ALMON3 DOOLITTLE (VARNAL2, WILLIAM1) (Source: 1880 United States Federal Census > Illinois > Crawford > Licking > District 185.) was born 1844 in Ohio. He married MARY. She was born 1852.
Children of ALMON DOOLITTLE and MARY are:
i. MARGARET4 DOOLITTLE, b. 1878.
ii. HENRY DOOLITTLE, b. 1879.
Generation No. 4
9. JOHN POSTLEWAIT/POSTALWEIGHT/4 POOTLEWIT (MALISSA MELVINA3 DOOLITTLE, WILSON M.2, WILLIAM1) (Source: (1) 1920, 1930 Toledo Ohio Census Record., (2) 1910 Findley Hancock County Ohio Census under Postleward., (3) 1930 Toledo Lucas County Ohio Census Under Pootlewit., (4) 1900 Moultrie Lowe County Illinois Census under Postalweight., (5) 1880 Jasper County Grandville Illinois under POASTLEWEIGHT.) was born 25 Oct 1876 in Illinois, and died 05 Nov 1959. He married EVA BLANCH MOORE/MORE 02 Feb 1896 in Jasper Illinois, daughter of ISAAC MORE/MOORE and LYDIA NICKELL. She was born Jan 1880 in Ohio.
Notes for JOHN POSTLEWAIT/POSTALWEIGHT/ POOTLEWIT:
In 1900 the family lived in Lowe, Moultrie Illinois and can be found under the name of Postalweight John was a day laborer at this time. By 1910 the family had moved to Findlay Hancock County Ohio where John was managing a resturant. By 1920 the family had moved to Toledo Ohio where John became a filer at a die cast company.
his children Mary M. and Karl are living with them. . filer in diecasting in 1920. Manager at a resturant in 1910 children Marie, Karl, Harlace and John living with them in Findlay Hancock County in 1910. The family was living with Johns wife's parents Isaac and Lydia Moore. in 1920 the family was in Toledo Ohio and Maria and Harlace still lived at home. John was a filer in diecasting at this time. In 1930 his children Marie, Karl and Otto are living with him the name on the census record is postalwit.
More About JOHN POOTLEWIT and EVA MOORE/MORE:
Marriage: 02 Feb 1896, Jasper Illinois
Children of JOHN POOTLEWIT and EVA MOORE/MORE are:
10. i. KARL HOBART5 POSTLEWAIT/POSTLEWAITE, b. 04 Jun 1899, Jasper County, Yale, Illinois; d. 24 Jan 1974, Toledo Ohio.
ii. MARIE POSTLEWAIT/POSTLEWAITE, b. 1907, Yale, Illinois.
iii. HARLACE POSTLEWAIT/POSTLEWAITE, b. 1910, Yale, Illinois.
iv. JOHN J. POSTLEWAIT/POSTLEWAITE, b. 02 Feb 1909, Yale, Illinois; d. Nov 1980.
v. OTTO POSTLEWAIT/POSTLEWAITE, b. 1902, Toledo Ohio.
vi. MARY M. POSTLEWAIT/POSTLEWAITE, b. Oct 1897; d. Bef. 1910, Illinois.
Generation No. 5
10. KARL HOBART5 POSTLEWAIT/POSTLEWAITE (JOHN POSTLEWAIT/POSTALWEIGHT/4 POOTLEWIT, MALISSA MELVINA3 DOOLITTLE, WILSON M.2, WILLIAM1) (Source: (1) 1910 Findley Hancock County Ohio Census living with Grandfather., (2) 1930 Census Records Toledo Lucas County Ohio living with parents, name listed as Pootlewit., (3) 1920 United States Federal Census > Ohio > Franklin > Franklin > District 7.) was born 04 Jun 1899 in Jasper County, Yale, Illinois, and died 24 Jan 1974 in Toledo Ohio. He married HAZEL Bef. 1917. She was born 1901.
Notes for KARL HOBART POSTLEWAIT/POSTLEWAITE:
In 1920 he is a clerk at a grocery store. In 1930 he was living with his parents John and Eva in Toledo OHio without his wife and children. He is listed as being married but It is unclear where the children and his wife are.
Notify Administrator about this message?
|Home | Help | About Us | Site Index | Jobs | PRIVACY | Affiliate|
|© 2007 The Generations Network|