In the book "History of Coles Co." it states:
Ashmore is situated on the Idianapolis & St.Louis Railroad,abt seven mls. east of Charleston. It was surveyed and laid out Feb14,1855 by H.J.Ashmore and James D.Austin, for the former it was named.The intire village stands on the original Austin Farm;Ashmore bought out the Austin heirs and hence owned part of the land when it was layed out."
Both owned stores in the town.Happy hunting.
|Home | Help | About Us | Site Index | Jobs | PRIVACY | Affiliate|
|© 2007 The Generations Network|