I'm not sure, I've not been able to find William Brooks parents yet. According to census info he was born in VA, I find him in Orange County, Indiana on the 1820 census, various property purchases there. They moved to Clay County, IL in the 1840's.
William Brooks married Susannah Wyman, daughter of Henry and Catherine (Kern) Wyman. Various biographies have stated that William Brooks and Susannah Wyman married in Rowan County, NC about 1809. However, I dispute this -- there's no record for such a marriage nor is there any indication that William Brooks was ever in NC. Additionally, the Wyman family records and biographies indicate they moved from Rowan Co., NC to Washington Co, IN around 1800 over a period of 2 years. So, my contention is that the marriage occured in Indiana. I have found a marriage record there for a William Brooks and Susannah Marian in Harrison County in 1809. I suspect this is them, but I'm not 100% sure.
Both William and Susannah are buried in the Brooks cemetery near Ingraham Prairie in Clay County. According to their tombstones he was born 6/11/1784, died 6/17/1855, and she was born 10/10/1788, died 12/13/1869. They did have a large family but no children named Micajah:
1. Henry BROOKS b. 7 AUG 1810, m. 17 AUG 1836 Susan MCCOY
2. Catherine BROOKS b. 9 FEB 1812, d. 28 JUL 1882, m. Jesse HAMILTON
3. Elizabeth BROOKS b. 27 APR 1814, m. Nelson VICKERY
4. William BROOKS, II b. 29 JUN 1816, m. 18 NOV 1841 Mariah McCoy (m. (2) Sarah Carter), d. 6 SEP 1867
5. Leonard BROOKS b. 21 SEP 1818, m. 7 MAR 1844 Mary Ann WEST
6. John BROOKS b. 18 FEB 1821
7. Margaret Anne BROOKS b. 31 JUL 1823, m. 24 JUN 1841 John Alexander VICKERY
8. Susan BROOKS b. 26 FEB 1826, m. 10 OCT 1845 John William WOOD
9. Jonathan BROOKS b. 2 FEB 1828, m. 28 NOV 1856 Helen A. WOOD
10. Dillen BROOKS b. 25 SEP 1831, m. 22 JAN 1853 Frances MAXWELL
11. Wyman BROOKS b. 28 NOV 1833, d. 13 APR 1851
12. Lucy Ann BROOKS b. 9 NOV 1835, m. 24 APR 1856 Edmond FIELDS, d. 18 APR 1918
For more info, check out my website as I have all of genealogy research data posted there.
|Home | Help | About Us | Site Index | Jobs | PRIVACY | Affiliate|
|© 2007 The Generations Network|