States: Idaho: Latah
Yes. Harvard is east of Princeton! Seriously, it's an unincorparated community which was originally a railway water stop. The story is that the engineers building the railroad named the stops after their alma maters. So there was Princeton, Harvard, Yale, Stanford and then (breaking the pattern) Vasser. Only Princeton and Harvard remain as communities. From the county seat in Moscow, go north to Potlatch, then east to Princeton and Harvard on Idaho highway 6. Harvard is near the junction of highways 6 and 9 and still shows on some maps. Some indexes to the 1920 census show it as "Howard" precinct.
Notify Administrator about this message?