I meant to ask you, do you do a lot of research in Keokuk County, Ia? I have been trying to find my great grandfather William H. Evans and his wife, Elizabeth Jane Ruggles Evans. They last resided in or around IOKA, Jackson Twp; Keokuk County, Iowa. They also lived at one time in BlackHawk Twp; Jefferson County, Iowa. I don't have any idea what William H. Evans's middle name is. I know they had I believe around seven children. They were as follows:
l. Nancy Evans b. about 1852 d. around l854 bur. Bluepoint Cemetery, Jefferson County, Ia.
2. Sarah Adeline Evans b. abt. 1853 mar. John H. Collett. d. in Ottumwa, Iowa bur. Ottumwa Cemetery.
3. Mary Jane "America" Evans mar. James Collett (bro. to John H. Collett) bur. Ottumwa Cemetery.
4. William Oliver Evans b. 1862 d. 1914. Mar. Grace Lille Teller. bur. Rock Creek Cemetery, Ollie, Ia; Wm. Oliver is my grandfather.
5. Ella (Ellen) Evans mar. Joseph S. Vulgamott in Sigourney, Ia. (I have no info on this family as to how many children were born from this union) or where these people were bur. and when they died.
6. Laura Evans (Nothing on her)
7. Olive "Ollie" Evans b. l870 d. 1909. She was an invalid since about 4 yrs of age. bur. Bluepoint Cemetery, Jefferson County, Ia.
I have tried to find this family for years with no luck.
Maybe you can help me or give me some lead as where to look.
Getting back to the Shirkey's, my great aunt, Myrtle Teller mar. Clarence Shirkey. He came from the Keokuk County area, I believe around Richland, Ollie, Ia area.
Notify Administrator about this message?
|Home | Help | About Us | Site Index | Jobs | PRIVACY | Affiliate|
|© 2007 The Generations Network|