BIGGS MARRIAGES IN JENNINGS CO IN to 1850
(These Biggses may not all be siblings. I can't link any one to another positively.)
1. Robert Miller Biggs m Julia Ann Lindley 20 Nov 1834. In Waterloo, Jefferson Co WI, in 1850 and in Jacksonville, Morgan Co IL, in 1860. Robert b ca 1814 IN, Julia A. b ca 1814 NY, Sarah J. b ca 1834 IN (m Wm Church), Joseph b ca 1836 IN (m Artelessa Corcoran). The 1870 census of Boone Co IA shows a Julia Biggs 55 NY living with Richard Biggs 26 IN. Richard was son of James Harvey Biggs (see below).
2. Malissa Jane Biggs m James M. LINDLEY 20 Sep 1832. In Jennings Co 1850: James b ca 1812, Malissa b ca 1818, Thomas ca 1834, Sarah ca 1836, Margaret ca 1838, Joseph ca 1840, Taylor ca 1842. Malissa d 22 May 1904 Hastings NE. James Lindley's household is listed next to Robert Biggs' on the 1840 census.
3. James Harvey Biggs m Martha Jane House(?) 24 Jul 1841. James b 29 Oct 1818, d 21 May 1906 (accdg to online cem recd), bur Woodward Cem, Dallas Co IA. In Jennings Co IN 1850 and Dallas Co IA 1860. Second wife Margaret (Spencer?). Children: Silas, Richard, Sarah, Ally, Georgeann, Julie Ann, Velmore, William, Laura, Flora, Robert, Dora.
4. George W. Biggs m Luvina McCammon 29 Aug 1841. George b Oct 1820, d 28 Feb 1902. Married 2nd in 1877 Mary (Prater) Causey (1840/41-1919) Carroll Co MO. Both buried Coloma Cem, Carroll Co. George's children: Fannie b 1842 m John MARVIN, Sarah b ca 1844 m Wm Jones, Robert Miller Biggs b 1848, Melissa A. b ca 1850, Louvenia A. b 1854 m Michael PARSON, Amelia (1856-1944) m King LIGHTFOOT, George W. b ca 1859 (to Okmulgee OK), James H. b ca 1861, Charles Nelson Biggs b 1877, Richard Thomas Biggs (1879-1901), Lena Biggs b 1887.
5. Margaret Biggs m Richard MEEK Jr. 27 May 1839. In 1850 census Platte Co MO: Richard b ca 1820, Margaret ca 1825, James ca 1840, Sarah ca 1842, William ca 1844, Emily ca 1848, Joseph Wesley Meek 1849.
6. Malinda [Electa] Biggs m Isaac JORDAN 31 May 1847. Malinda b 18 Jan 1828, apparently died between 1870-1873 Jennings Co IN. Children: Eveline 1848, John 1850, James 1854, Joshua 1857, Julia 1859, Sarah 1862, Thomas 1865.
7. Cynthia Biggs m Thomas L. ADAMS 17 Feb 1847. Cynthia M. Biggs was b Sep 1830 IN, according to the 1900 census. Buried Forest Grove OR. In Rice Co MN 1860, Douglas Co MN 1870. The 1880 census of Columbia Co OR shows her as the mother of 10 children, 7 living. Her father's birthplace is shown as TN and mother's as IN. Children: Julia A. b ca 1849, William ca 1851, Thomas ca 1853, John H. b Jan 1857, Alonzo ca 1860, Emma ca 1863, Ulysses ca 1865 (same as Clarence? b ca 1866), Minnie ca 1869.
Notify Administrator about this message?
|Home | Help | About Us | Site Index | Jobs | PRIVACY | Affiliate|
|© 2007 The Generations Network|