BRACK, Jean Baptist & THINNES/THINES Ann-Marie. Jean Baptist b. 1810 in Watrange, Luxembourg; Ann-Marie born 1824 in Harlange, Luxembourg. Jean Baptist aka Leopold Mattias & Ann-Marie aka Mary. Four children born in Lux.; migrated to America about 1855 to poss. Wisconsin. Moved to Dubuque, Dubuque County, Iowa abt. 1857. Lived in Broadmore Township, Strawberry Point, Clayton Co., Iowa about 1867. Moved to Elkador, Clayton Co., Iowa and then Westphalia, Shelby Co., in 1875. There were seven children:
1. Francois/Frank BRACK was born Francois THINES1844 in Luxembourg; he died 1908 in Hot Springs, Arkansas. He married (1) Katharine GOCKEL; (2) Katharine KANN. He lived in Glen Haven, Grant Co., Wisconsin in 1874; Franklin Grove, Iowa in 1975; Alton, Iowa in 1884; 1890 in Canistota, SD, 1895 in Southmayde, Texas; 1907 in St. Clair Co., Missouri.
2. Jean/John BRACK was born I 1846 in Luxembourg; he died in 1903 in Portland, Oregon. He married Anastasia SCHAETZLE in 1891 in Portland, Multnomah County, Oregon. He lived in his youth in Shelby County, Iowa; moved to Woodburn, Marion Co., Oregon before 1890.
3. Marie Ann/ Mary Ann BRACK was born in 1849 in Luxembourg; she died in 1911 in Milwaukee, Clackamas County, Oregon. She married George Thomas BECKER/BAKER in Shelby Co., Iowa. They moved to Hood River, Hood River Co., Oregon and Estacada, Clackamas Co., Oregon.
4. Josephine Marie BRACK was in 1853 in Luxembourg; she died in 1912 in Mapleton, Monona County, Iowa. She married Philip GRAF/GRAFF in 1870 in Iowa. They lived in Clayton Co., IA; Shelby Co., IA and Monona Co., IA.
5. Catherine/Katherine BRACK was born in 1857 in Dubuque, Dubuque County, Iowa; she died in 1931 in Portland, Multnomah County, Oregon. She married (1) Louis MOLITOR in Shelby County, Iowa; (2) Frank DOMNISSE.
6. Ernst BRACK was born about 1863 in Iowa; he died before 1894. He was not married.
7. Margaret BRACK was born about 1867 in Broadmore Township, Strawberry Point, Clayton Co., Iowa. She married Jakob HEINZ. She had seven children, moved to Minnesota. Descendants named LONDGREN, NELSON, EVANS, ROSCOE, RESSMEYER, and TESNOR. Possible descendants in Yellow Medicine Co and Lac Quiparle Co., MN.
Am interested in exchanging information with anyone who is a descendant of BRACK/THINNES of Lux. Contact at firstname.lastname@example.org.
|Home | Help | About Us | Site Index | Jobs | PRIVACY | Affiliate|
|© 2007 The Generations Network|