I am seeking in any on Gottlieb John Stapel (also shown as John G.) who was born Dec 1837 in Posen, came to the United States on the Allemannia through port of New York on 10 June 1867, departing from Hamburg. He married Caroline W. Schenck who was born Nov. 1847 in Mecklenburg. She came to the United States on the Westphalia, arriving in New York on 11 September 1872. On various records their children are shown as Stapel/Stapels/Staple/Staples. They are:
1. Mary, b. 16 Jan. 1873 in Clayton Co., Iowa; d. 12 March 1910 in Winnetoon, Knox Co., Nebraska; married Charles R. Hart
2. Caroline Wilhelmina "Lena" - b. 27 Aug 1874 in Clayton Co., Iowa; d. Aug 1947 in Clayton Co., IA; married Sigmund F. Schoentag
3. Fred E. Staples, b. Aug 1875 Iowa, md. Susan A. Shedek, need his date and place of death and place of burial
4. Arthur, b. about 1876 in IA, md. Gertrude Gundlach and lived at Oelwein, Fayette Co., IA
5. Theodore, b. Nov. 1877 in IA, probably never married
6. Bertha R., b. April 1879 in IA, md. a Mr. Glode and lived in Oelwein, Fayette Co., Iowa
7. Ferdinand, b. Aug 1881 in IA
8. Alice, b. Dec 1890 in IA, md. Andrew Steil and lived in Moline, Rock Island Co., IL
Would appreciate knowing more about any of these people and in particular where Gotlieb John Stapel was born in Posen. His widow, Caroline (Lena) married in about 1905 to George Alderson. She is buried with Gotlieb Stapel in the Strawberry Point Cemetery, Clayton Co., Iowa as Caroline Stapel instead of Alderson.
Notify Administrator about this message?
|Home | Help | About Us | Site Index | Jobs | PRIVACY | Affiliate|
|© 2007 The Generations Network|