The "Little Brown Church" immortalized by the song written by Dr. William S. Pitts was built in 1862 through the influence and energy of J.K. Nutting, then pastor of the Congregational Church, it still stands today and is in good repair. It has been the site of thousands of marriages, and has also attracted tourists from all over the country. Marriage records dating back to the mid 50's are on file at the County Court House in New Hampton IA.
|Home | Help | About Us | Site Index | Jobs | PRIVACY | Affiliate|
|© 2007 The Generations Network|