Here is what I have on the family, although I've not verified any information with original sources:
John Huntsman was born abt 1804 in Somerset Twp, Washington, PA. He died 1846 in Mt. Pigsah, IA. He was one of the younger children of James Huntsman and Maria Cathrina "Catherine" Weyrich (Wirick, Weirick)
John married (1) Deborah Snyder 20 May 1826 in Richland Co, OH. Deborah was born 1800/1810. She died 1836/1843 in IA.
They had the following children:
(1) Jackson Huntsman born abt 1825 possibly in Richland Co, OH.
(2) Washington Huntsman born abt 1827 possibly in Richland Co, OH.
(3) Flavilla L. Huntsman born abt 1829 possibly in Elkhart Co, IN.
(4) Sally Ann Huntsman born abt 1831 also possibly in Elkhart Co, IN. Sally married Thomas Richard Westrope.
(5) Charlotte Huntsman born 1832. She died 25 Dec 1897 in San Bernardino, San Bernardino, CA. Charlotte married Reuben Lloyd DeWitt. Reuben was born 15 Oct 1815 in Switzerland Co., IN. He died 8 Aug 1910 in San Bernardino, CA. He was buried in Pioneer Cemetery, San Bernardino, CA.
(6) Emily Almira Huntsman born 6 Oct 1834 in IN. She died 14 Oct 1867 in Salt Lake City, Salt Lake, UT. She was buried in Bennington, ID. Emily married Dudley Justin Merrill24 Jul 1852 in Big Cottonwood, Salt Lake, UT.
(7) Jasper Huntsman born abt 1836 in IN.
John Huntsman converted to Mormonism and moved to Nauvoo, Hancock County, IL. In Nauvoo, he married (2) Roxanna Levitt/Leavit sometime around 1841.
They had one child:
(1)Salena Huntsmanwas born 17 Dec 1843. She died 21 Feb 1913. On 1 Aug 1863, Salena married James Chipman son of Stephen Chipman and Amanda Washburn. James was born 9 Apr 1839. He died 13 Oct 1922.
|Home | Help | About Us | Site Index | Jobs | PRIVACY | Affiliate|
|© 2007 The Generations Network|