If your ancestors worked in the Hong Kong Police / Courts / Prisons in the 1950s or earlier, I'd love to hear from you.
I'm looking for photos of the Central Police Station site in Hong Kong, and am hoping that there are some out there in your family's photo album. The site also included the Magistracy and the Victoria Prison.
The site is no longer used by the police, courts or prison, but is being preserved as a heritage site. The photos I'm looking for will be used to illustrate books and exhibitions when the site re-opens.
If you'd like to see some of the photos I've found to date, I've posted several online:
- Introduction: http://gwulo.com/node/14719
- Update: http://gwulo.com/node/15466
- Magistracy & its magistrates: http://gwulo.com/node/16087
- Prison and punishment: http://gwulo.com/node/17450
- The neighborhood: http://gwulo.com/node/18587
Thanks & regards, David
Notify Administrator about this message?
|Home | Help | About Us | Site Index | Jobs | PRIVACY | Affiliate|
|© 2007 The Generations Network|