It is nice to hear from someone else who is researching the Hodges family.
I also found the marriage record for James Hodges and Mary Riggs in Grainger County, Tennessee. I had not convinced myself that this was the correct James Hodges. I have been looking for James Hodges in the 1840 census but cannot seem to find the right one.
I have a bit more information about the children of James Hodges. They are
1. Elizabeth J.
• Born about 1834 in Tennessee
• 1st marriage to William Moris in Madison County, Alabama on 28 Apr 1853
• 2nd marriage to Newton Radford probably in Madison County, Alabama before the 1860 census
2. Martha E.
• Born about 1835 in Tennessee
• Married to Asa Hodges in Madison County, Alabama on 27 Oct 1857
3. William Henry
• Born about 1838 in Tennessee
• Married to Appalonia Diffee in Giles County, Tennesse in 1866
4. Lucinda (Lucy) E.
• Born 13 Oct 1839 in Tennessee
• Married to James Hutchens in Madison County, Alabama on 20 Oct 1858
• Died 25 Apr 1911 in Huntsville, Madison County, Alabama
5. Mary Eliza
• Born Jun 1842 in Tennessee
• Married to Wilson Pollard in Madison County, Alabama on 18 Dec 1860
• Died 13 Jul 1822 in Madison County, Alabama
• Buried in Maple Hill Cemetery in Huntsville, Madison County, Alabama
6. James Calvin
• Born 12 Jul 1843 in Tennessee
• 1st marriage to Fanny Bailey in Giles County, Tennessee on 15 Dec 1870
• 2nd marriage to Barbara Polk in Faulkner County, Arkansas on 15 May 1889
• 3rd marriage to Alecie Cockrel in Arkansas in 1898
• Died on 11 May 1924 in Vilonia, Faulkner County, Arkansas
• Buried in Cypress Valley Cemetery in Vilonia, Faulkner County, Arkansas
Hope this helps.
Notify Administrator about this message?
|Home | Help | About Us | Site Index | Jobs | PRIVACY | Affiliate|
|© 2007 The Generations Network|