Looking for Samuel Hodge male descendants for Y-DNA testing. As my last male Hodge ancestor was born in 1741 there are no living Hodges in my family.
See details of the Hodge/Hodges patriarchs and the Hodge surname project at:
My line is:
1. Samuel Hodge b. 1720 Ireland, m. Elizabeth UNK abt 1740 PA
lived on the Calfpasture River in Augusta Co, VA
children: Agness, John A., Catherine, Sarah, Margaret, James, Elizabeth, Eleanor and Rachel
2. John A. Hodge b. 1741 Bath Co, VA, m. Jane Hamilton 1763 Augusta Co, VA
John served as a Private, VA line, Revolutionary War
children: Elizabeth, James, John Hamilton, Andrew, Margaret, William, Sarah, Martha and Jane
3. Elizabeth Hodge b. aft 1765 VA, m. John McIlvaine/McIlvane 1789 Augusta Co, VA, son of Moses McIlvaine and Agnes Miller
John McIlvaine b. 1742 PA d. 1813, Harrison Co, KY
children: Samuel Hodge, William, James J., John, Elizabeth and Moses
4. Samuel Hodge McIlvaine b. 1790 Woodford Co, KY, d. 1851 Decatur Co, IN, m. (1) Elizabeth Nesbit 1811 Harrison Co, KY
children: John Hamilton, William Jeremiah, Samuel Nesbit, Mary Caroline, Sarah Adeline and David
5. Mary Caroline McIlvaine b. 1820 Harrison Co, KY, d. 1873 Tipton Co, IN, m. Ransom Perry Barr 1843 Decatur Co, IN
Assume that there is some link to Hodges of Scotland due to the names of some of the children in the earlier generations and the marriages to spouses of Scottish origin.
Notify Administrator about this message?
|Home | Help | About Us | Site Index | Jobs | PRIVACY | Affiliate|
|© 2007 The Generations Network|