This is that I have, it is backed up from the following information and resources.
1. Encyclopedia - A History of Rome, and Floyd Co.
2. 1830 Georgia Census, Newton Co., No. TWP L, roll M19 #20.
3. Extracted Marriage Records for: Henry Co., Georgia.
4. 1870 Georgia Census, Aug.25, 1870, Polk Co., post office, Cedar Town.
5. 1860 Georgia Census, July 16, 1860, M653 #121
6. 1850 Georgia Census, Floyd Co., M432 # 69, 30th Div.
William Henry Harriage, Sr. 1.)Susan Keys
B: 1810 in South Carolina or Georgia B: 1814 in Georgia
D: Aft. 1862 ? D: Aft 1851
Married March 7, 1829
Confederate Army Company C, 1st Georgia Calvary at Cave Springs , Georgia. Left Broad St. in Rome Georgia on April 5, 1862 under the command of Capt. Haynie. He was discharged in Nov. 1862 when he became sick. When he was sick he was furloughed to Floyd County Georgia. He received .40 cents a day for the use of horse and arms.
1) Elizabeth Harriage
B: 1830 Georgia
2) Caroline ( Candice) Harriage
B: 1832 Georgia
3) John C. Harriage Georgia Married : Mary A. Gravelly
B: May 17, 1833
1) Matilda on Census of 1870 Polk County, Cedar Town PO Go.. Born: 1861
*D: April 24, 1865 from disease contracted during the War. Note: Confederate Army Company C, 1st Georgia Cavalry , under the Command of Capt. Haynie , left with his father and brother Henry on April 5, 1862 from Broad St. in Rome, Georgia. Cards with several different spellings of his name: John C. Heriage/John C. Harriage/J. Herrige/ John C. Herriage
4) William Henry Harriage Jr Married : Susan ?
B: 1835 Georgia
1) Mary D. Harriage B: 1856 Georgia
2) John B. Harriage B: 1859 Georgia
Note: Confederate Army Company c, 1st Georgia Cavalry, under the Command of Capt. Haynie, left with is father and brother John on April 5, 1862 from Broad St., in Rome Georgia. Survived and ended up in Texas.
5) Robert Harriage Married : Martha Rogers May 8, 1858
B: Dec. 18, 1838 Madison Georgia Daughter of John Rogers and Jane Dennard
D: March 16, 1917 Hackett Arkansas D: June 4, 1936 Fort Smith Ark, Sebastian Co.
Buried in Hackett, Ark.
1) William R. Harriage B: March 15, 1873, Pine Bluff, Ark D) Jan. 12, 1935 Montesano, Wash
Married Pearl E. Swisher June 24, 1894
B: March 28, 1875 in Hackett Ark, D) May 27, 1947 in Montesano, Wash
1) Robert Harriage B) Sept. 14, 1913, Hackett Ark , Married Elizabeth Robinson Dec,24, 1945
1) Scott R. Harriage B) July 26, 1959 Seattle Wash, Married Michele
Note: Enlisted Confederate Army May 7, 1862 in Clark County Ark., As a private he was in Company F, 1st Regiment Tran Mississippi Infantry. He was detailed as a Bass Drummer. Company F was also known as Bells Regiment, Ark. Infantry. He was wounded in the Prairie Grove Battle. After this event he was a wagoner in the 37th Ark. Infantry. From the period of Feb. 1, through Feb. 20, 1863 he reveived .25 cents. He deserted Sept. 25, 1863 . It was very common for them just to go home….
6) George V. Harriage
B: 1840 in Georgia
Confederate Army , assigned to Company E, 12th Regiment. Ark. Infantry. He was a Private .
Cards filed under the names: Garrage, G.V. and Herrage, George B.
7) Susan Caroline Harriage
B: 1842 ?
8) Elijah T. Harriage
B: 1850 Floyd Co. Georgia
Note: In 1870 he lived in Polk County Town PO Geoargia. He worked as a farm laborer, and lived next door to Mary , wife of bother John.
2nd Marriage of William Henry Sr. ?????
2) Ann ? Married Bef: 1860
** 9) Mary Polk Not sure if this is a daughter of Ann and not Wm. Henry's on 1850 census. Ann may have been Cherokee Indian.
B: 1849 Georgia
10) Martha Harriage
B: 1854 Georgia
11) Benjaman Franklin Harriage Married Harriet Adeline Watkins, March 25, 1881, Cadron , Faulkner Co. Ark. Her parents were James Watkin and Louisa Harrison / 2) She married Charles Henry Baker, Jr.
B: 1856 in Georgia
D: April 16, 1883 Conway, Faulkner Ark. Of Cholera ?
1) John Lafayette Herriage /Hearidge / Harriage
B: April 12, 1883 4 days before his father died Conway, Ark
D: Oct 31, 1852 Patrick Ark, Madison Co.
Married: Sarah Margaret Patrick (Sally) Feb.9, 1908
B: Oct 4, 1891 Patrick Ark D/O James Selvester (Vester) Patrick & Caldona (Dona) Baker
D: Aug. 23, 1981 San Jose, Ca. Santa Clara, Co.
This is my Grandparents. They had 9 children. My father was their 2nd child,
12) Margaret Harriage
B: 1859 Georgia
|Home | Help | About Us | Site Index | Jobs | PRIVACY | Affiliate|
|© 2007 The Generations Network|