As you may have noticed, I have posted several times looking for a connection with my GG grandfather Nathan G. Henthorn. Well, as of this weekend and a car trip to North Missouri (Sullivan Co. where he lived) I have found a few things:
1) I have his obituary which states his birthdate was the 1836 date as correct (instead of a 1844 date).
2) I have a death date now, which his tombstone doesn't have, and now I can write to get his death certificate--may list his parents.
3) I found out he lived in IA before moving into MO (Henry County Iowa) with or near an AMOS Henthorn--unsure of the relation to Amos at this time.
4) Thanks to a relative in town, I have a copy of his masonic lodge membership, which states he joined in Henry Co. IA, and continued membership after he became a Sheriff when he moved to MO.
5) AND...last but not least...I have now a photo of him ca 1890 from Milan MO. Yippee getting closer!
It only took a couple of years but I'm happy.
If any one can relate to any of the above clues, let me know.
|Home | Help | About Us | Site Index | Jobs | PRIVACY | Affiliate|
|© 2007 The Generations Network|