Am seeking information on the family of Thomas HEIGHWAY, who died in 1889 in Bilston, So. Staffs, England. He had at least two children: Thomas HEIGHWAY and Mary Ann HEIGHWAY (b. 1841), who married 1863, Samuel DAVIES, b. 1838, Lincoln Hill, Shrops. Samuel's parents were William DAVIES and Ann BAYLISS Davies.
ANY CLUES ON HEIGHWAYS OF STAFFS (and perhaps Shrops) ARE APPRECIATED! Thank you.
Since Mary Ann HEIGHWAY and Samuel DAVIES first child was b. in 1864 in Moxley, and they were married in 1863, I am guessing that Samuel DAVIES had come to that area (from Shrops) for work and to find a wife. Samuel and Mary Ann (HEIGHWAY) DAVIES had 8 children:
1. Rev. George Davies, b. Dec 1, 1864, Moxley. Emigrated to the United States in April, 1887. Married Juliana Innes Powrie, daughter of John and Jane Haddon (Innes) Powrie and they had eight children. He died in Boston Sept. 21, 1947. George's father's siblings -- Mary, Eleanor and William all emmigrated to the Pittsburgh, PA, area, leaving Samuel as the only Davies of our direct line in England. George joined his aunts and uncles in Pittsburgh in 1887, the only child of this immediate family to emmigrate to the United States. (See: Generation VII - George Davies)
2. William Thomas, b. Oct. 13, 1866. He was childless and died on Oct. 29, 1904.
3. Sarah Ann Davies, b. Oct 16, 1866. Died Aug. 24, 1959. (More information, see Generation VII -- Sarah Ann Davies)
4. Samuel Davies, b. May 2, 1870. Died in 1945. (More information, see: Generation VII -- Samuel Davies)
5. Harry Davies, b. July 31, 1873. Died in 1953. (More information, see: Generation VII -- Harry Davies)
6. Martha Elizabeth Davies, b. March 6, 1875. Died in childhood.
7. Florence Davies, b. April 4, 1877. Died in 1952. (More information, see: Generation VII -- Florence Davies)
8. Arthur David Davies, b. July 27, 1879. Died in an accident June 12, 1897.
|Home | Help | About Us | Site Index | Jobs | PRIVACY | Affiliate|
|© 2007 The Generations Network|