Havard Family Genealogy Forum
Hi! I'm not sure if this helps you; but I've been looking into a Jennie Joyce that married a Havard and borrowed a book from the library called Historic Hopeville and Vicinity 1850-1987 by: Dorothy Jones and Kathy Parmenter. Anyhow, here is what it says about the Havard Family. I think this is the same David Havard that you were speaking of.
David Havard was born February 18, 1843 in Wales and died March 27,1915 in Clarke County, Iowa. As a young man he came from Wales, first settling in Sandusky County, Ohio, where he met and married on February 29, 1876 to Esther Ladd, daughter of Cornelius and Thurza (Myers) Ladd. She was born May 11, 1847 in Columbiana County, Ohio, and with her parents moved to Sandusky County, Ohio in the year of 1851. Shortly after their marriage in 1876, they left Ohio, coming to Doyle Township where they settled on a farm. Here they raised their family of two sons. Esther died April 4, 1907, services wwere held at Gregg Chapel, both buried in Gregg Cemetery. Vivian (Havard) Eggelston remembered her grandfather as being short and heavy set, with an accent...but spoke the English language well.
William Frank Havard, son of David and Esther(Ladd)Havard was born March 14, 1877 in Clarke County and died May 1, 1941. He married Jennie Joyce on April 20, 1908. Daughter of Reed and Sally (Hall) Joyce, she was born November 3, 1892 in Stokes County, Virginia(THAT'S WHAT THE BOOK HAS..STOKES COUNTY, VA.) and died February 12, 1966 Clarke County, Iowa. Jennie was the only one of her family that left Virginia, so the brothers and sisters she left behind were: Luther, Lum, Biddie Ann who married Grant Bowles, Sally who married Jack Dillion, Hettie who married Walter Martin, Betty who married Will Casady, Mattie who married William Paschall, and Molly Joyce. Frank and Jennie became the parents of five children:
1. Vivian Mae Havard born August 17, 1909 married Bert Eggleston who was born March 9, 1902 Council Bluffs, Iowa and died May 20, 1980 in Clarke County, Iowa.
2. Fraze Coy Havard born November 27, 1913 Hopeville, Iowa, died December 25, 1981 at the Veterans Hospital in Denver, Colorado, burial in the Maple Hill Cemetery, Osceola, Iowa. He attended Clarke County Schools and was married to Hildred Brenton in 1947. He earned a living in retail gasoline sales.
3. Edith Esther Havard was born September 4, 1916 and died October 20, 1969. She married Stewart Davis on August 25, 1940.
4. Harold James Havard born January 3, 1922 married Leora Burchett, three children: Mary Ann, Donald Dean, and Maryls Jean.
5. Dale Loy havard born October 26, 1925 married Gertrude Jensen, no children.
Hope this helps you if you had not seen this book. And if you do have this information, wondering if you would have any more on Jennie Joyce and her parents and siblings. Any help would greatly be appreciated.