Here are the names of the children of Joseph Harrison and Margaret Anderson. In about 1776 he was born in probably Churchill, County Monaghan, Ireland. The Harrison and Anderson families were Presbyterian. Harrisons go back to Yorkshire, England, and before that Finland or Viking stock. In 1828 the Joseph Harrison family immigrated from Ireland to New York and lived in Smithville. The names of the children were:
1. Susan Harrison (1801-1876), remained single.
2. William Harrison (born about 1803-1872). He was a grocer in NYC and married Isabella Graham, daughter of David Graham.
3. James Joseph Harrison ( 1805-1870).
4. Joseph H. Harrison (1809/1812-died after 1876), remained single.
5. Andrew Harrison (about 1818-1874) marrried Jane Forbes.
6. John Harrison (about 1820-1861). He married his first cousin, Sarah Ann Harrison. From the New York [City] Orphans' Home they adopted two children, Charles Kamineski and Mary Ann McCabe. I have been unable to follow the children in the census as adults. Both at times used the surname Harrison. Charles ran away; don't know whether or not he returned to widow Sarah, who married another first cousins, deacon James Harrison. By his Sarah had three children.
I hope by posting this to find Harrison family members.
Notify Administrator about this message?
|Home | Help | About Us | Site Index | Jobs | PRIVACY | Affiliate|
|© 2007 The Generations Network|