This is a listing of all my Hannon information as researched by Grace Lynch of Minnesota. I also have the following as provided by Grace: (1) "Taken From Revolutionary War Military Records of Esom Hannan", (2) "Will and Administration Papers of Esom Hannan, died 20 March, 1843" and (3) "Dedication of Tombstone Marker at the Grave of Esom Hannon, A Revolutionary War Patriot". If I can ever conquer this stupid scanner, I'll be able to post (1), (2) and (3). The following is Grace's research:
Ada Belle Hannan Loughead, a descendant of Esom Hannan through his son Abraham, recalls
that her grandmother said Esom came to America from Ireland because he was a younger son and could not inherit. Another descendant of Esom believes it was Esom's father, Thomas, who immigrated to America and that Esom was born in Virginia.
Esom Hannan b. 1752 Ireland or Virginia d. 3 20 1843 Roanoke VA, buried at family estate
"Cave Spring", Greenwood Cemetery, married 9 15 1783 Botetourt, VA to Mary "Mollie" Greenlee b. ca. 1763 Ulster, N. Ireland d. May 1846, buried with Esom.
Mary was the daughter of William Greenlee and his wife Jane who came from Ireland in 1766
and settled in Botetourt Co., Virginia and probably moved to Mason Co., W. VA ca 1801.
Issue of Esom and Mary:
1. William Hannan b ca 1785 d. aft 1860 Roanoke, married 3 8 1814 Botetourt to Susanne Criste
2. Thomas Hannan b. ca 1786 d. prior to 1850 married 12 10 1818 to Elizabeth Gharst
(Elizabeth eventually lived in Randolph Co., IN and Henry Co., IA
3. John Hannan b ca 1789 d. ? married 4 3 1817 Keziah Brown
4. Elizabeth Hannan b. ca 1792 d. prior to 1842 married 11 24 1814 to Bennett Hutchinson, moved to Lynn Co., Missouri
5. Esom Hannan, Jr. b ca 1794 d ? married 12 28 1815 to Nancy (Massey) Brown moved to
Missouri prior to 1830
6. Mary Ann Hannan b ca 1805 d ? married 1st 8 16 1821 to John Cooper, Botetourt and 2ndly
11-23-1858 to Philip Hinkle, Preble Co., OH
7. Edward Greenlee Hannan b 4 11 1800 d. 7 27 1850 married 8 4 1825 Jane Maxwell,
Tazewell VA. Edward died during the Mercer Co., OH Cholera epidemic
8. Jane Hannan b ? d prior to 1842 married a man named Baker
9. Abraham Hannan b 10 4 1809 d 11 30 1880 buried Bear Branch cemetery married Rachel
Tankersley, moved to Missouri 1857
Issue of Thomas Hannan (#2 above) and Elizabeth Gharst:
1. Mary Jane Hannan b 3 17 1825 Botetourt VA., d. 10 6 1900 Medeapolis, IA married 2 16
1843 to Peter Ruble of Randolph Co., Indiana (These are my ancestors - Linda in Phoenix)
2. Henry Hannan b ca 182? Botetourt VA
3. Eliza Ann Hannan b ca 1836 d ? married 8 22 1852 to W.M. Dochterman, Henry Co., IA
4. Margaret Hannan born ca 1833
5. Hannah Hannan born ca 1838
Naturally, I would like to know more about their origins in Ireland, but I would also like to make contact with other descendants.
Linda in Phoenix
|Home | Help | About Us | Site Index | Jobs | PRIVACY | Affiliate|
|© 2007 The Generations Network|