I am conducting genealogical research on my family in Haiti starting with my grandparents and including two Chinese immigrants and one Egyptian immigrant.
I am looking for information about:
1) What kind of documents the National Archives contains
2) Advice about doing genealogical research in Haiti post-1875 up to today
3) How to obtain ship manifests, immigration records, and naturalization records from 1900-1920
4) How to find information about ancestors that worked for the government
5) How to obtain copies of civil registration documents - Birth, Marriage, Death (are requests by mail generally processed, or do I need to go to the National Archives in person?)
6) Information about hiring a professional researcher in Haiti
7) The names of previous Haitian ambassdors to the U.S. (1950s to 1980s)
Do you know how I could find answers to these questions? If not,do you know of someone that might know or someplace I can find more information?
Notify Administrator about this message?
|Home | Help | About Us | Site Index | Jobs | PRIVACY | Affiliate|
|© 2007 The Generations Network|